A real gun nut?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Ridge, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

This guy does everything possible to destroy his Glock...he buries it in sand, mud, lets it sit overnight in rain, or water and rock salt...he lets it rust in a bucket...he drags it behind his vehicle, he throws it off a building, he throws it out of a plane!!!

Gun Nutjob, really...I sure as hell wouldnt want to be around him when hes firing it...

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Item

2. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

Man I don't know???

I don't doubt it but wow????

Can an XD9 servive that?? Well I read the torturetest article on it but didn't seem that intense.

3. Ari

Ari Guest

You have one try it :wink:

4. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

If my hand gun goes through that much crap and I'm anywhere near it then I'm probably having some FAR more serious problems.

I can appreciate a torture test, but when it gets to far out there it stops really meaning anything, at least as far as selling points go.

Sure, a gun that could survive a trip through the sun would be nice, but how practical is that?

That's just my humble opinion though. :D

5. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Those extreme torture tests don't impress me either. You really want to torture it? make it sit through a senate debate!

6. billybybose

billybybose Guest

:lol: @loopster!My first ccw instructor had a first gen.glock that had 10,000rds.thru it with out a cleaning and thats good enough for me.

7. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

Um, uh, the wife say's no at that you are a bad influince on me.
    And that I should not take your advice. :lol: 8)

8. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Why not? The XD has a lifetime warranty! :lol: