ammo on hand

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by robertgreen_86, Nov 5, 2007.

1. I was just wondering if you guys keep a ton of ammo on hand or if you are like me and keep a few boxes of defense and work ammo and then shoot up the rest just as soon as you get it? :D

2. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Not trying to sound like a dick.....but you dont need to know.

3. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Well-Known Member

3,000 rnds .22LR <--cheap
    1,600 rnds AK food <--Hard to find
    50rnds 00buck, <-- buy 1 box every time i get range ammo
    500rnds 9mm JHP<-- same as 00buck
    2 or more boxes of every other caliber i have.

4. sambo42xa

sambo42xa Well-Known Member

ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS..............the more the better.....

5. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

i keep minimum on hand:
    20k .22 LR
    15k 12 ga mix of all types
    12.5k 9mm luger
    and 5k each in 7.62x39mm, 5.56mm, 7.62x51mm

oddball calibers for my fun guns in 30-30, 45LC, 380ACP, 25ACP, 45-70 etc i just keep maybe 10 or 12 boxes of each

SW

6. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    th more the better. I am currently trying to slowly build up my numbers.

7. bamaboy06

bamaboy06 Well-Known Member

I would rather not say exactly how much i have in an open forum but let's just say i am prepared for war.

8. vallen

vallen Well-Known Member

9. 1motion

1motion Guest

afraid to post ammo numbers? a little paraniod i think

i have more shotgun and .22 ammo than i know what to do with but i shoot up most of my .45 ammo soon as i can get time to practice. i always make sure to have at least 50 rounds or so besides whats in the gun just incase you should ever need to reload that many times. but really if you need that many rounds you will probably be dead already.

10. SteveD

SteveD Well-Known Member

40 s&w to me is like candy, only able to keep 200-300 rnds.
    9mm about 200.
    30-40 about 50 rnds when I can find it.
    .22 try to keep 600+
    12ga just a couple of boxes.
    I'm feeling a bit jelous w/some of the other guys round counts :wink:

11. pretty piss poor right now. Couple hundred .40's(I've only got 100 left of the last batch of 500 I loaded), few hundred .22's, 150ish .38/.357, couple hundred .308, couple hundred birdshot/skeet loads but no buck right now. I've only got a hundred or so rounds of 7.62x39 left now as well.

I keep a bug out box containing each of my calibers. It has 100 rounds .40, 200 rounds .22, 100 rounds .38 and .38 +P, 80 rounds 7.62x39, and a bit more as well. I also keep a survival kit, dicessant, and light sticks.

12. .45acp

.45acp Well-Known Member

I have 1k of each caliber and plenty of reloading components and more on the way, just came upstairs a few minutes ago was loading some 9mm. The .45 I don't bother loading untill I get enough to do a few thousand as the Dillon press is really fast, I just reload the 1,000 that I have on hand over again if I run low while saving the other components untill I can load at least 5k.

The 9mm I constantly load as I do that on a single stage press and it takes longer. Have 1k, components for another 1k and will be order more 9mm components this week (another 1,000 cases and 1,000 bullets)

13. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

14. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

Agreed. Not enough.

I just went to the range and blew my load all over the targets.

I have enough for one more good trip to the range, After actually checking the ammo inventory.

After that I would be left with just basic HD and a few hunting rounds.

Trip to the store is in the near future.

15. I just got off the phone with the DoD, they are wanting to resupply the troops................. :shock: :p

With out being home to count at the moment, I am pushing 20k of various types and sizes............

16. nicadflyer

nicadflyer Well-Known Member

OK, I'm seeing people say they have lots and lots of ammo and more to reload. What I would like to know is where do you keep all of it. I mean I would think that you would need a bunker to keep that much in a home. Me, I will always have at least 1 bullet for each gun I own.

17. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Right now, I have about 1000 rounds of 9mm, about 250 rounds of .45ACP and LOTS of .22lr. As far as heavy rifle ammo, I have anywhere between 250 - 500 rounds of each caliber EXCEPT for 7.62X39... I can't seem to keep that stuff around for nuthin'..... :shock: :roll:

18. I'm in sorta the same boat: recently started with nothing, and I want to build a stockpile. But I can't afford to write a check and call in the forklifts.

So I've joined the box'a'week club. Depending on how flush I feel, that may be .22 minimags, or 9mm, which match my currently working gats.

That'll include .40s shortly when I get that pistol working, but right now, it's costing bucks just to get it up to spec :D

Oh, and .25, when this recalcitrant b___d finally swallows enough replacement parts .

(D___d project guns! As the old saying goes, you buy 'em books, you buy 'em books, and they still can't read.)

19. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

Why so much .22LR and 12 gauge?

20. I have shelves set up in my reloading room, which is down in my basement it doesnt take up as much room as you think. Most of it has been collected box by box. If I bought 1 box to shoot, I would buy 1 box to put away. When I go on days off, I will try to borrow a camera and post you a pic...........