Another 10/22 Stock Replacement Option

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by GunsRFun, Nov 13, 2007.

1. GunsRFun

GunsRFun Guest

2. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

Wow, spendy, but so nice.

3. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Man that is pretty nice right there :) I really would love a 10/22, just not sure when I'll be able to squeze it in....

4. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

Looks to be a little too boxy and pricy for my taste, but to each his own when it comes to the 10/22.

rimfirehunter

5. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Those are some awesome looking rifles, but why spend all that money modifying a 10/22? I know it's cool, but sheesh, spend the money on an AR or a 995 or something that can legitimately be used for HD/SD/SHTF.

Not saying that a .22LR can't be used for those applications, it just wouldn't be my first choice.

6. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

I don't think alot of people would modify 10/22's like that for HD or SHTF. It would make for a nice plinker. I just wonder how people modify airsoft shells to put on their 10/22.

7. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Well-Known Member

8. :shock: those are awsome :shock:

9. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

I have two stock style's I like on my 10/22 rifles....

The plain jane factory wood stock with barrel band in my first choice. It's a simple stock that woods best for an all around hunter/utility rifle.

Second choice is a Butler Creek folding stock. The BC folding stock is probably the best production folding stock on the market for the 10/22 rifle. When you need a more compact setup for your rifle the BC folder is the way to go.

Folding stocks from Ram Line and ATI are big, boxy, and have a boat paddle size butt section. The locking arm on these two stocks has a good bit of wobble when locked in the open position.

Choate makes an "OK" 10/22 folding stock, but it cost a bit more than the BC, RamLine or ATI. The lock up is pretty tight, almost as good as the BC, but could be a bit better for the price. The Choate is nice and slim and comes with heat shield for top of the barrel. The butt area is still a bit large but not as large as the butt on the ATI or RamLine stocks. I could settle for the Choate folder if unable to get the BC.

rimfirehunter