Any Browncoats???

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by 357fan, Oct 16, 2007.

1. 357fan

357fan Active Member

So, is anybody else a huge fan of Firefly?

I mean, who wouldn't love a Libertarian-themed space western?

2. neothespian

neothespian Well-Known Member

Hmmm...Firefly...never heard of it

*Subtlely nudges towards his signature*

3. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

Ah yes, on of the great cancelled shows. Then again us fans pounded them bad enough at least they made a movie to tie up the loose ends.

SW

4. I enjoy all kinds of Sci-Fi... but I prefer the "more-shooting-the-better" kind of Sci-Fi and not really the "monster" kind. So, I liked Firefly or Serenity or whatever it's called. Of course, you just can't beat a good zombie movie.

5. Tha's the good stuff, right there :)

6. patriot2980

patriot2980 Well-Known Member

Firefly is one of the great casualties of modern TV. A great show killed off before it even had a chance to shine. It's follow-up film Serenity is a fine piece but I wish it had re-opened some doors for Capt. Reynolds and his crew to get back onto television. Alas, I guess it was not to be.

Hmmm....Libertarian-themed space western. I like that description. :D

7. 357fan

357fan Active Member

It was truly a loss.

It was the sort of show that no TV exec knew what to do with. Luckily, Jericho seems to has escaped a similar fate for now.

8. septimius

septimius Guest

Always heard about the show... never watched it... just picked up the "Serenity" movie at the pawn shop for 5 bucks... VERY good movie

9. Septimius, the dvd box set is under $30 almost everywhere, I really do suggest picking up a copy, well worth the investment.

10. psysage

psysage Guest

I have the complete series in DVD and the the Movie. Yea I am a fan.
    I like most space sci fi since well about 7 when my grandfather introduced me to Star Trek
    Oh and my first one was not the Tribbles it was The Doomsday Machine which I though was a very kewl episode.

psysage