assualt weapons ban

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by thehop, Nov 12, 2007.

1. thehop

thehop Guest

Greetings all:
    I just thought I would take a moment and attach a copy of a website that has the list of guns involved in the AWB that was introduced in the House on Feb 2007. Included in the banned weapons are the Hi-point Carbines. See section 3 under definations. What does this mean.......get your guns before the democrats get in the oval office again OR wait at least another 10 years! Also a shout out to your congressman/senator might be in order.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:h1022:

2. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

I posted the same thing in the free fire zone last night ;)

3. thehop

thehop Guest

sorry for the repost!

4. Lashlarue

Lashlarue Guest

That bill was a rewrite of the 94 AWB, and was tabled without a vote earlier this year. Half of whats listed is no longer either manufactured or imported.True definition of DC Politics. Poli from the latin meaning "many"and "tics" blood sucking insects!

5. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

somethign similar was posted on the old site. is this still that crazy lady's bill? the one that didn't know what a barrel shroud was and thought it was dangerous?

6. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Well, according to McCarthy, the barrel shroud is "the shoulder thing that goes up" so they have no freakin clue just what they are trying to ban...

7. patriot2980

patriot2980 Well-Known Member

8. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

yeah I signed it and wrote my reps in DC when we posted it on the old site. good posting on the link again though!

Mcarthy yeah that's the chick. Crazy old bat, that one....kinda puts a new spin on the term McCarthyism eh? LOL

9. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

YUP Golly gee wiz I got me an assualt weapon with my trusty 4095.
    LOOK OUT everyone I'm a wild and crazy guy I just might convert it to full auto shoot all 10 trounds in a second :wink:

10. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

A good diagram...

[​IMG]

11. The M1 Carbine? Seriously?