Call of Duty4 : Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by esududeny, Nov 24, 2007.

1. esududeny

esududeny Well-Known Member

Anyone play? I just got the game for the p.c. It's amazing.

2. Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

My friend is playing it on the 360 in the other room as we speak.

3. Evil Ernie

Evil Ernie Well-Known Member

Finished it on the 360 last week on normal...I'm about 2/3rds thru it now on Veteran. My handle is EVIL ERNIE1969.

4. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

I also have it on PC, VERY awesome :D

5. esududeny

I played the demo afew weeks ago and was hooked. I got around to buying it tonight and played the first scenario as SAS. The part where you have to scuttle the ship was awesome.

6. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I already told my wife I want that game for Christmas... I don't know if I can wait that long now... They make that game for PS 2 right?

7. esududeny

umm I think it's only out for the newer systems (ie. ps3, xbox 360, etc.) and the pc. I could be wrong though.

8. Fenix

Fenix Guest

newer ones only, sorry :( but it is for pc if that makes you feel better. I'm SoL though, i dont have a nexgen system and my pc is too weak to run it :(

9. Wonderful game. I haven't gotten to play multiplayer yet, but singleplayer is fantastic. Great storyline, lots of great weapons. It really helps to know the weaknesses and strengths of each weapon so you can use them to their fullest in each situation.

edit: If you have a mediocre pc(ie:2-3 years old with a graphics card) its worth downloading the free demo just to see if/how well it will run it. This game is well worth it.

10. esududeny

my pc's about 2 years old but top of the line at the time. it's running it pretty well now, at times slows up. But not too bad. The free demo itself's kick ass. definitely worth the d/l.

I'm at a family get together right now... dying to go home and finish playing lol

11. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

It's not available for the PS2, which doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.

12. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

I really gotta try it. DLed the demo but then had to wipe my laptop...twice. Will try it out soon.

13. patriot2980

patriot2980 Well-Known Member

My friend loaned it to me for the XBOX 360 last week and it is phenomenal! It's on my Christmas wishlist and my wife knows that if she wants that new leather jacket, she better anty up some COD4.
    The graphics are inbelieveably good. Controls are excellent.
    And the guns.....oh my friend, the guns are devilishly good. :D

14. Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you have a 360 , PS3 or even a PC, you NEED this game guys!

15. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

It rocks so damn loud!

I gotta say my fave part so far was the AC-130 mission...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Poor chopper was hit by an RPG...we landed nearby and pulled the pilot from the wreckage...
    [​IMG]

Terrorist got caught by the SAS!
    [​IMG]

Time to take out the supplier...tools of the trade
    [​IMG]

BOOM! Headshot!
    [​IMG]

Making a getaway just as the chopper attacks!
    [​IMG]

16. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Yup, I custom built my system...

Asus P5NSLI
    Core 2 duo 2.13Ghz
    ThermalTake CPU Cooler
    4Gb Patriot SDRAM DDR2 667
    GeForce 8800GTS Superclocked 320mb PCI-e
    Antec 650W PSU
    Seagate Barracuda 500Gb SATA
    SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
    2x Sony DVD-RW
    Antec P180 Case
    19" NEC Flat Panel
    Vista Home Premium 32bit

[​IMG]

17. esududeny

Nice rig, Ridge! Question: how do you take screenshots? And where do they save to? I'm up to that AC-130 mission, it's awesome. I didn't expect that to come up. Failed it though 'cause I just shot at anything moving below, mistakingly blasting the friendlys :/ A split second after I sent the shot I'd said " ****! They were flashing ...".

18. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Screenshots key you can find under Options, in one of the sub menus...I set mine to F12...I think it was in that F row up there between 9 and 12...

Yeah I failed it once because right after it started I put down a 40mm right into the middle of our boys...

19. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Anybody else notice the bug?