Cheek slap

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by toymaker, Oct 20, 2007.

1. toymaker

toymaker Guest

Added the compensator to my 4095. Shot about 80 rounds yesterday and had to quit and go to my Sub2000 9mm. After about 50 rnds the slapping got worse. Anyone else had this problem and solved it other than filling the stock with one thing or another.

2. SCREAMIII2007

SCREAMIII2007 Active Member

Up close and personal

You need to have your cheek properly postioned on the stock.
    Thats why its called a "cheek weld",your cheek should be overlapping the stock.
    If you keep this tight against your face, the recoil and any movement felt will be minimized.

3. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Re: Up close and personal

+1!!!!!

4. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

also try sliding your head slightly back away from the rear sight too. I found this prevents 99% of slap i feel.

SW

5. jdp12354

jdp12354 Guest

While at the range for the first time yesterday with my 4095, I noticed cheek slap only when I got lazy and lost the cheek weld on my stock. I fired over 350 rounds with the 4095, experienced no problems, and loved every "POP"!!

6. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Sorry saw the title and I was gonna ask ya what you said to her to get your cheek slapped :wink:

7. I have shot a lot of rounds through both the 995 and the 4095, and have never felt any cheek slap. I always keep a cheek weld to the weapon,