Enfield 2A in .308 Nato

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by bamaboy06, Oct 15, 2007.

1. bamaboy06

bamaboy06 Well-Known Member

I finally got the cosmoline cleaned out of my Enfield.308 and I took it out and fired some rounds through it.It cleaned up pretty good for a $100 rifle and the bore looks excellent.As far as I can tell it shoots straight and I was getting some pretty tight groups at about 75yds.I plan on putting one of the synthetic stocks on it and a good scope.Overall,I think it is well worth what I paid for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ari

Ari Guest

3. 75 yds with a .308? It's a .308 dude, shoot it at rifle ranges... over 100yds. 75 yds is no test for a decent rifle.

4. bamaboy06

That was in my back yard dude,I didn't have time to go to my range.I just wanted to make sure everything was functioning properly.I am fully aware of the range capability of these rifles.

5. Heh, I guess Im spoiled having farm fields as far as the eye can see just a few minutes from the house. Happy to hear about your new boomstick, best of luck to ya.

6. bamaboy06

Thanks.I live right outside the city limits so that allows me to shoot in my back yard.I have a 300yd rifle range set up at my parents place on the Coosa River and that is where i usually go to target practice,but by the time i got the Enfield put back together it was almost dark.

7. esududeny

esududeny Well-Known Member

Nice piece. No way i can find that here in ny for $100 lol

8. esudude, come upstate and paw through some gun shops. Even Gander has an Enfield by me for $139. You can get a rebarrelled, restocked Mosin at Gander for the same, let alone the milsurps the little gun shops sell around here.

9. esududeny

esududeny Well-Known Member

where abouts upstate? The furthest I've been is Albany ( my uncle's got afew properties out there). And if you don't mind, pm me the addresses of your local shops. Thanks.

10. bamaboy06

Just go to Aimsurplus.com.That is where i bought mine but i do have a C&R license and can get them delivered to my door.