Extreme Shock Ammo

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by khmer_gentleman, Oct 24, 2007.

1. khmer_gentleman

khmer_gentleman Well-Known Member

PA
    has anyone hear of these or even tried them? well this is what it says on their website:

NyTrilium Handgun Rounds (Fang Face & Personal Defense)

It's a new war, and our nations best warriors now carry the world's most devastating ammunition! As we entrust the de-fense of our freedom in our finest professionals, they now carry an advantage beyond their own heroism! Over ten years in co-development with Special Operations Groups and Federal Law Enforcement, the new ExtremeShockâ„¢ Explosive Entry tactical defense rounds represent the ultimate refinement in lethal bullet technology. The compressed Tungsten-NyTriliumâ„¢ Composite fragments upon impact, leaving a wound channel of catastrophic proportions. The expansive fragmentation characteristics of the ExtremeShock rounds transfer the bullets energy in a far faster time span than conventional hollowpoints. The resulting stopping power is utterly devastating. E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.

http://www.extremeshockusa.com/cgis...tup=1&ida=14&idp=0&his=0&cart_id=5015869.3248

[​IMG]
    9mm
    [​IMG]
    40S&W
    [​IMG]
    45ACP

2. that looks like some wicked stuff now i have to go find it for my 9mm

3. Intresting stuff. Does anybody have any links to some independent testing?

4. 9mmXfactor

9mmXfactor Member

http://www.theboxotruth.com/

i THOUGHT he had some of that ammo on his site. i read the whole thing at one point... so i cant remember where it is lol. it was a while ago.

5. Forgot about them, went and looked and you are right

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot23.htm

Based on thier tests, even though far from scientific, I will pass, at least until I get set up to do my own testing.

6. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

Total, Absolute JUNK!

7. JasonJ

JasonJ Well-Known Member

waste of the manufacturers time, waste of the buyers time and money.. total waste.

8. Just from a physiological standpoint, 115gr of copper-jacketed lead (or NyTrillium?) can't cause the neurological collapse they describe unless the round is placed in, well, the spine or head. A FMJ or JHP result in the same thing if placed in the same region. Sounds distinctly like a stinky pile to me.

9. condition1

condition1 Member

waste???

not if they market it properly and get people to believe what they say.

10. griff30

griff30 Well-Known Member

Ok this is my fav part, Geneva convention said no to hollow points. Carrying hollow points in war is illegal, getting caught with holow points by the enemy, would be like having poison tipped ammo, or as Duncun long once wrote "getting caught carrying hollow points by the enemy would be like getting caught with gold teeth in your pockets."

11. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Well-Known Member

oh man you got to it before I could. Yeah total hogwash the premis of their creation is a fabrication. just absurd that they would claim that and then expect people to buy that trash. (literally)

12. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

If the projectile fragments upon entry then it's no better than a tiny shotgun shell with a tiny powder load (for a shotgun shell).

A little physics here:

If it splits into say 6 pieces, then the kinetic energy of piece would be 1/6 that of the total projectile; so it seems that the pentration (which is dependent on kinetic energy) would be around what 1/6th as far; so with a 9mm which only penetrates to 12 inches anyway, you'd have 12/6=2 in of penetration?

Not me. I'd rather use my JHP .45 with a simple FMJ if that's all I got. That'll cause "total system collapse".

13. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

Even if the manufacturer gave me a free truckload of the stuff I would not shoot or carry it.

Accuracy..............SUCKS!
    Quality Control....SUCKS!
    Terminal Effect....SUCKS!

This Crap SUCKS!

14. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Well-Known Member

Overpriced Junk! See the Box of truth links for proof.

here's the order of my SD ammo pref. depending on what pressure the pistol can handle

+P+ Win Ranger
    +p Corbon DPX
    HydraShok

15. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    I don't know GM, I might take a truckload... ammo is getting expensive :wink: At least think of it as a truckload of free primed brass with powder that could be usable :shock: :D

16. griff30

griff30 Well-Known Member

I vote MAG SAFES and be done with it.

17. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

What would really suck is pulling all of those bullets and re-seating new ones.... That would really suck...

18. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    True, but would it suck more than having no ammo, or paying for a whole truckload? 8) I sure wouldn't mind using "specialty ammo" for punching paper if I had a free truckload of it. :shock: Mmmm... free truckload of ammo...(insert appropriate drool icon here)

19. mif_slim

mif_slim Guest

+1 :D

20. khmer_gentleman

khmer_gentleman Well-Known Member

PA
    ok, i know someone is going flame me for this. but in some magazine i read, it give the extreme shock good reviews. i forgot what magazine it was, i read it right before i went on vacation so bad memory. well with that being said does anyone have any personal experience? lets not just said bad things unless we know for sure, kind of like how some ppl bash hi-points :D