Feed Ramp

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Mumbles, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Mumbles

Mumbles Guest

I know we had a ton of info on this before, but let me resurrect it. I'm not really having feeding issues but then I haven't been able to get out and put many rounds through my C9 (crossing fingers). I noticed on several posts that the feed ramps are painted black like the rest of gun. I haven't disassembled mine yet but peering through the ejection port with my Maglite, mine appears to be a dull aluminum color, kinda like the bottom of a pop can. It's not shiny like the pics of the polished ramps but it's certainly not black. My C9 was bought NIB a couple of months ago. Why is mine different?

2. when i look in from the ejection port holding the gun up side down there looks to be some wearing like its rubbing or something. if anyone knows what this is i would like some help to know if its normal or if I need to send it in for repair.

3. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

The more you shoot the HiPoint the more the feed ramp will settle in.. and the paint will come off from rounds riding up the ramp and into the chamber. It's nothing to worry about.

Mumbles,

Not sure about your feed ramp, could have been done at the factory, but all the NIB HiPoints I have seen came with the ramps painted. Maybe Beemiller decided to leave the ramps unpainted so they would have less feeding issues. Would be nice if they would polish them from the factory.

rimfirehunter

4. Mumbles

Mumbles Guest

That's what I was wondering, that they were making them smoother by leaving them unpainted....woul;]Not sure about your feed ramp, could have been done at the factory, but all the NIB HiPoints I have seen came with the ramps painted. Maybe Beemiller decided to leave the ramps unpainted so they would have less feeding issues. Would be nice if they would polish them from the factory.

rimfirehunter[/quote]
    That's what I was wondering, that they were making them smoother by leaving them unpainted....would make sense.