Finished tricking out Yubba #1 and #2

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by panoz77, Nov 20, 2007.

1. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Can't wait to go shooting with new scopes and do dads!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Man, those SKS's with the Tapco's are so sweet :) Any issues getting all of that set up?

3. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S.

Holy crap! Taurus' account has been hacked by Peter Brady. :lol:

4. panoz77

panoz77 Member

No issues, I bought them with the tapco stocks, and some of the work done, I finished some work myself like re-crowning the chopped barrel on one, I did a bolt modification on the other to allow insertion of the Tapco 20 rounders with the bolt carrier closed, added a tapco gas tube and other toys plus some additional compliance parts to be 922r compliant on both. Haven't shot either yet, they are relatively recent purchases and I have been on the road ALOT in the last few months, I am hoping to shoot them this weekend, fingers crossed, I just started with a new job and took two weeks off in the transition.

5. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S.

Look forward to the range report. Cool lookin' guns BTW

6. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Looking great there Panoz!!!

Ya know, if you're into charitable donations, I could really use one of those for Christmas! :wink: :wink:

7. panoz77

panoz77 Member

:lol: , that is a little too charitable, ask Santa.

8. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

This year in my house, Santa is a gun Nazi too.... The wife asked me tonight what I wanted for Christmas, that's not a gun.....

I hate getting shot off the horse, especially even before I get on the damn thing.

9. Fenix

Fenix Guest

likewise, same thing happened to me :(

10. Mine went one worse, she won't even meet me halfway and get me gun-related stuff or surplus anything :(

Guess this means more cooking gear and videogames!

Also, damn nice SKS's Panoz!

11. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

That's too bad... My wife actually loves me! :lol:

12. Ari

Ari Guest

then tell her you want nothing but money. :wink:

13. where'd you pick up the howitzer ammo crate?

I have one that I found at big lots(of all places) for 5 bucks or so. Wish I had bought them out.

14. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I worked at a mothballed Army Ammunition Plant, just some of the stuff that was laying around before we would demo the old buildings, I've got a lot of neat stuff from there. There were a bunch of these in an old warehouse, only a few good ones, I've got two. I use one for transporting my weapons to the range.

15. ronco52

ronco52 Well-Known Member

panoz77, let us know how you like the scopes and the mounts you used. I keep hearing negative feedback on scoping a SKS. I want to set a pistol scope with long eye relief on the gas tube cover, scout style, but don't want to waist the money if it does not work. Even if they are not MOA accurate, I still want the best way to see where the round hit the target at a distance.
    Thanks for any insight you can share.

16. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I'll post results, BTW I am not planning on shooting over 50-75 yards with these setups. I also have heard the negatives, so I am also curious how they will hold up. The leapers is mounted on a drilled and tapped mount, so I'm sure it is rock solid, the Tasco red dot on the gas tube is the one in question for me.

17. esududeny

esududeny Well-Known Member

My fiance just gave me a look when I handed my list over to her, lol. It was just a list of "shtf" things that I picked out while browsing the cheaperthandirt site.

Her: " parachute cord?? tri-folding shovel?? wool disaster blankets?? what's wrong with my blankets?? How 'bout we get you that xbox 360 you wanted??"

Me: "....." *walks away*

18. Fenix

Fenix Guest

ROFLMAO the exact same thing happened to me yesterday :( my list was only 2 things long though :roll: