Front sight colors

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by unclerob, Oct 21, 2007.

1. unclerob

unclerob Member

While looking at some gallery photos, I just happen to notice that there are 2 different colors of front sights in HP pistols. Some Red and some Yellow.

I looked at mine and I have a Yellow JHP45 (factory refreshed 8/07), a Yellow C9 (manufactured 5/07) and a Red C9 (birthday unknown)

Anybody know for sure if this is a model difference or a date of manufacture/ improvement thing.

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I do know that Hi-Point has been sending any refurbished pistols back to their owners with yellow front sights for a few months now. When it started, I don't know, but it's been that way for awhile. Call BeeMiller if you really want to know, I am sure they will give you whatever information you ask for.

3. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

I think it started a a couple years ago. The first C9 I bought had the dark orange/reddish sight, returned it to factory and was returned with a yellow front sight.

The second C9 I bought was maybe 10-12 months ago and came with a yellow front sight.

4. JoeDoe22

JoeDoe22 Well-Known Member

My .45 came with yellow sights and its less than a year old.

5. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    I have yellow-green rear sight markings on one 995, and red on the other. I've seen white markings too. I wonder if it has anything to do with production date, or if they just do it to mix it up a little bit.

6. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

A white front sight is really the way to go on a defensive pistol, why Hi-Point uses all the different color combo's is puzzling.

7. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

Im with the Gman on this one. I paint all the sights on my HPs with pearl white fingernail polish. Red and yellow just dont wet my whistle like white does.

SW

8. Maverick

Maverick Guest

For defense its hard to beat night sights.

Of course on the Hi-Points the sights would cost more than the pistol... :?

Does anyone know if there is any glow in the dark paint (or similar) that would work well (glow for hours) for regular sights?

9. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

as i stated on the previous version of this forum, i found out my "new" c9 was really 3 years old but to add to this string it also has a yellow front sight

10. unclerob

unclerob Member

I guess I will call Beemiller and Haskell and see if there is a reason for the color differences.

I will post whatever info I find out.

Thank you all for your input.

11. You might try this
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=sight+paint&noImage=0

I havent tried it yey, but maybe some one here has.........

12. unclerob

unclerob Member

I just called Haskell and Beemiller and both ladies that answered the phones had pretty much the same answer.

Color pallet is based on customer feedback. It changes.

What is installed depends on what paint is in stock when they assemble/refurbish a weapon.

Clear as mud.

13. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

14. Voyager Al

Voyager Al Active Member

neat,Kripp. How many sets come in a set?

15. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

mine had enough material to do 2 handguns with 3 dot sights

16. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Now that was what I was talking about. Too bad it has to be charged prior to use. Not to sure how good that would be for HD situations, but much better than nothing.

17. I bought both my c9 and cf380 about 2 months ago and they both have yellow front and red rear sights. So I guess I am going to have to paint them white.

18. my C9 when i bought it 3 years ago had orange sights as well as the ornage safty. well i scraped it out with a needle and repainted it with white nail polish i stole from the wife. never looked back great target aqirement.

19. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic

Awesome, I gotta buy my self some now...too bad i'm stuck in Korea.

20. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

How's the Army treatin' ya Ground Zero?