FS: Used 995 stock (I got some paint on it ;o) ) ~$26~ Pics!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by stonebridge, Nov 9, 2007.

1. $27 shipped to your door.
    -$1 11/11/07
    ________
    $26 shipped to your door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-'bridge

2. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's pretty awesome! Did you do the work yourself?

3. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I think it's time to let that pretty lady out for a night on the town.... She's already got her fishnet stockings on!!! :shock: :shock: :D :oops: :wink:

4. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Thats an awesome snake skin look....and Im willing to bet it was accomplished via stockings and spraypaint...back when I did model cars, to make carbon fiber textures, stretch stockings across the part and spray black over an already silver part ;)

5. I did the work (such as it is) myself. It still needs a clear-coat to finish. The fishnet stockings were something that Huggy told me about and I wanted to give it a try.

I'm going to reduce the price by $1 every day until it's gone. If it gets down to the shipping price I'll put it on pay-it-forward.

Comes with barrel shroud, sling mounts, and whatever else I've got left over from my last 995 build.

-'bridge

6. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Hey Bridge, how did you like working with the fishnets? Some guys I've talked to don't like that method because you can end up with different looking "scales" but I prefer it a little random. I think your stock looks great!

7. Hey Huggy,

I think it worked great. Yeah, the 'nets stretch and give it a more random look but I think that's fine depending on your goals for the project. I don't how to get gutter-guards to cling as well as the fishnet does. It was a fun little project; I just don't have any use for it so I figured I'd pass it along.

-'bridge

8. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    I would like to get my hands on a few extra stocks for a few projects, but I'm looking more for dirt cheap or beat up unwanted donations. I wouldn't want to butcher that pretty lady.

9. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

Hey huggy, tell ya what, if we ever get to meet at a range you can have mine. If you come up with something cool then you can match it on my ATI, deal?

10. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

And I'll throw in my factory 995 stock as well... PM me your address and I'll try to get it out this week.

11. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Good stuff Taurus and Primal, I'l get some PM out to you guys.
    Guess it's back to the design closet for me. Hijack over, sorry Bridge... Might try to get that scaled princess from ya if I scare up some extra funds.

12. Fishnet Boa-Constrictor has been sold but I've got another 995 stock and another project in mind that I think you guys will jump on. :D

-'bridge

PS Also, Matrix-Camo Mosin Super Sniper coming soon!