Good Deal for a Glock 17

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by MarksmanOne, Nov 2, 2007.

1. I was given an opportunity today to purchase a used Glock 17 for $350. Is that a good deal or no?

What do you say G-Man?

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pretty snappy deal to me, but of course, I wouldn't have a Glock in my house! :shock: :D :wink:

J/K Gman!

3. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Thats a great deal if its in good shape. My local shop has a used one (first gen) for $399.00 right now.

4. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

if its been taken care of thats a very good price. Ifts its been beat bad its about average to a hair high.

SW

5. Thanxs. I was only thinking about getting it if it's an exceptional value... because... I really don't know what I need it for. I already have a weapon for CCW purposes, and my C9 for home defense and TEOTWAWKI purposes (of which I trust it's reliability). So, if I got it, it would just be an extra home defense/TEOTWAWKI/plinking gun... plus, my wife doesn't really want it.

I guess that it would just be a part of the "collection" without any real purpose; but I don't want to pass up an exception, once-in-a-lifetime value. If it's not once-in-a-lifetime, I'm good with my C9.

6. unclerob

unclerob Member

If you do decide to get it, take a peek here.
    I got one that fell into this category and Glock reworked it to like new condition, sent it back to me in a new case with all the trimmings and an extra magazine. (service like that sound familiar?)
    http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/upgrade-faq.html

7. Who was that who said they needed a 10-step program for firearm ownership? Well, I guess I'll be in group with you. Pictured below is my new edition. I hope you don't think this makes me a snob - really, it was just a good deal. Oh, and unclebob... thanxs for the link.

[​IMG]

8. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Great thats just what we need... Another Gun Snob with his Glock! :wink: :lol: :shock:

Seriously... Congrats on getting a great deal.
    (even if it was a Glock)
    j/k :lol:

9. pills

pills Guest

thats a 3rd gen. I think you did well.

10. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I concur.

11. I was at an ISPC event about 3 or 4 months ago and the RO had a Glock 17 there for loaner use.

I asked him how much he wanted to sell it for.

He sold it to me for 250 dollars with 2 mags.

I don't even care about it too much but I couldn't pass up a mint Glock 17 for 250 dollars.

12. NICE!!!!! :D :D :D I know that you will love it. My glock 17 has been great to me.

13. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

Looks like a clean pistol and you paided a good price, Welcome to the dark side!

14. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

Very nice looking piece. And the price, What a deal.

I have no predjides of any gun, Well except the ones I don't own. 8)

15. billybybose

billybybose Guest

Welcome to the fold dude.And yep that was a good price.

16. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Looks like a great gun for the price.