Good stuff

Discussion in 'Survival Zone' started by elguapo, Oct 18, 2007.

1. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    and more good info, I have these saved on the old HD just for giggles.

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Bumped because there's a lot of good stuff here. (I'm moving some of threads from the archives area)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. Bull

Bull bull Supporting Member

Thank you Kirk, bookmarked it.

4. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm

I'll bet there's a ton if good stuff in the archives that's worth a second look.

5. Bull

Heck, where did all the brand new guys go? They were re-animating some oldies but goodies.

6. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm

Yeah, they were. It was kinda fun. There's one i saw a cpl years ago that I'm trying to bring back but I'm having trouble finding it.

7. Dewiejr

Dewiejr Well-Known Member

Wow...I was really confused when I saw 2007...haha.

8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I would love to go all inter-service rivalry here and brag about how I've got the USMC version, but all we did was steal the Army's and throw some EGA's on it...

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

The ATI stock giveaway ended.

10. stringer

stringer Well-Known Member

This new guy is still here and hopefully will be for awhile I've learned a lot from you old guys

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

11. Bull

I've been here less than a year... But there is definitely a plethora of knowledge here..... Good and bad!

12. crabblike

crabblike Member

They got tired of getting *****-slapped for posting on old threads.

13. Bull

Psshhhh.... This is like a frat house. If you're wanting in, someone is looking to paddle your ass at least once.. Then you're in.

14. crabblike

crabblike Member

Haha, never thought of it that way...

15. Bull

Most of couldn't agree on everything, but we all agree on beating down a dummy..... Funny that way. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1392353702.721769.jpg

16. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

Bump again. Thanks for this post. I found...was given...heck I don't remember, but a copy of this manual has been in my bag since the mid 80's. It is ragged now but still kicking. It is also well reviewed and considered by many to be among the best. My favorite quote from the book, "...if you have a knife you have a chance." In the early days in Idaho I practiced the stuff in this book. Now when I'm out in the woods and bored I dig it out and brush up on my skills.

I believe it is important to have your survival manual in your bag. Most of us can't or don't practice enough for it to become instinct. If it's in your bag and you have a knife you have a chance.

Another tip. Maps of your area. Not road maps, but they are better than nothing, but detailed topographical maps. The book tells you how to get them from the US geological service, but I found an easier way. FAA sectional charts can be had for your area at any airport. They are very detailed maps used for visual aerial navigation, and are detailed like topographical maps. Go get some and put em in your bag! Oh they be cheap too. Hang out with pilots and you can get them free cause they are updated several time a year making the old ones worthless for flight use.

Swaga here's a way to help out memebers?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  17. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

You need a thick skin to deal with some of these turds. But you keep on digging up the old threads. There is near a decade of knowledge buried around here.;)

And I again will say it. SALUTE to the old guard. It's too damned bad they acted like girls and ran away when the management changed, but they had know how. And that stuff is still here, and now built upon by all the new guys.

Keep it coming troops.:)

18. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Good idea. I'll stick a copy in mine.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

19. crabblike

crabblike Member

Thanks for this one, now to get an extra ink cartridge...
    I picked one up at gun show, I think it was $8, the 1999 version. I was going to make copies for my friends, but now I don't have to tear mine apart!