Got a baby on the way

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andrew241, Oct 20, 2007.

1. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    Well the wife is now about 3 months along. We went to babysrus today. Wat a scary ordeal lol. That stuff is expensive, how am I going to be able to afford ammo and guns? Glad we are registering for all that stuff so we wo't have to get it all. That in itself was fun, i got to pratice my point shooting with the scanner lol. Well I just wanted to let the cat out fothe bag.

2. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Congratulations! Kids are great. Just make sure to enjoy every day you have with them. My little girl is now 17 and a Jr in High School... They grow up way too fast.

3. billybybose

billybybose Guest

All right!!! congrats on the future forum member :lol:

4. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

Just get as much sleep as you can now.

Also prepair for one amaizing ordeal at the hospital. It cannot be explained. WOW.

Not to mention congradulations on the end of you'r childhood. LOL

I have to admit it does hamper the big boy toy budget but I feel it is worth it. Well Not at 3am but most all other time. :lol:

5. Congratulations. Kids are the greatest "thing" you'll ever be a part of.

6. Congratulations, my friend.

7. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Man, kids are he greatest thing! Even greater than guns! And that's saying soemthing! Yeah, it means buying fewer pieces over a longer period of time, for awhile.

And you think the boom of the Mosin is earth shattering. Wait on that first tantrum! :D But it's great. You are really blessed!

8. Congrats and condolences at the same time. You have a long haul ahead of you.

My youngest stepchild will be 18 in Nov of this year, and I m looking forward to it LOL

9. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

First, congrats!

[​IMG]

Second, I hate to break this to you........ but you just signed up for the hardest job you'll ever have. IF you want to do it RIGHT, you'll be spending more time that you ever thought, losing more sleep, spending more money, driving more miles, crying more tears, laughing so much harder and falling in love with a new human almost instantaneously. Many of us have felt it.

So, my friend, commit to us and to the little one to do it right. Our prayers and best wishes are with you.

10. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

May I recommend a book? "Parenthood" by Paul Reiser (yes, the comedian).

11. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    Ohh I am in for a ride and know it, got plenty of nieces and nephews out there but this will be the first of my own. I can try to prepare as much as possible but I highly doubt I will ever be ready lol. I will try to get a pic of me posting while in delivery though guys lol

12. billybybose

billybybose Guest

+1 andrew on the pic :lol: see what youve done thaldt :lol:

13. New tradition, you have to show a pic of yourself or your pc logged into the forum while in the delivery room. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

14. unclerob

unclerob Member

So, did you find out what caused it?

Just funnin'.

All the best to you and your wife.

15. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

It had to be SOMETHIN'!!!! :wink:

Dude, honestly, I hope that this is me in about 5 months. My wife and I are waiting till after the first of the year to try again. We had a miscarriage back in May of 06, but we're ready to try again. Congrats again, and I wish you the best with your new extension(s) *it could be twins, you know that right?* :idea: :shock: :wink:

16. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    Don't be a smart a** primal lol. Sorry to hear about the previous problems man, that can be tough.

unclerob, I hope I know what caused it lol.

17. Sorry to hear about the miscarriage Primal, that must have been tough to deal with.

18. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

andrew,

Congrats! Children are awsome, then they become teenagers and you wonder what happened to that sweet little bundle of joy....LOL!

rimfirehunter