High point Needs a new look in Gun style

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Will All Freedoms Stand, Nov 12, 2007.

Are you satisfied with the looks , quality and price of high point's guns

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Quailty and price are good but looks could improve

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I Wish that this company would continue making decent guns at low prices
    but i think they need a better look to their guns. It should market well to.

"Good gun to make a cheeper modle of "masda" "or AR syle guns"
    " an imitation glock would be nice"

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Personally, I like them, they have a distinguished look about them. Once you get into building a weapon that "looks like an AR" or a "Glock Clone" at that point all you are is a copy cat, and all your credibility goes out the window. I think it's a new idea, new look and a damn good quality firearm. They are just fine with me. :D

3. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

I actually like the look. expecialy the carbine.

4. elguapo

elguapo Guest

The look grows on you.

5. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Although I put my 995 in an ATI stock, I'm probably going to buy another and leave it factory as I do like the look of it too.

6. I'll probably just get the 4095 so I have an "original" looking one and a "modified" looking one.

7. I like the existing look. I have a C-9 compact (which I consider gorgeous); the COMP model, as well as the larger formats (while a bit ungainly in a spraddle-legged, adolescent sort of way) have their charms.

And then there are the carbines, which I love just as they are: I do not see the attractions of the ATI stocks: I prefer that hog-snout ugly aggressiveness of the original factory inspiration.

Could they be better? Almost certainly, in an unidentified way: I'm sure it's possible, but the 'better look' hasn't, to my mind, made it to market yet. And I eagerly await what it might be.

===========

And, drat: I ignored the questions of quality and price, so:

I approve, on all counts.

'nuff said.

8. 1motion

1motion Guest

i like the looks but if i decide to duracoat my .45 i will bevel the front of the slide for holstering and i want something in the form of grips besides a slip on hogue grip

9. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

I like the look, I just wish that there was another option for a stock on the 995 (like wood furniture)

10. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with the pistols and carbines they look, feel, and perform great. There is no need to change anything

11. Hi Point fills their spot in the gun world with the weapons they have out and the ones they are comming out with.

If I want something different I will go to another brand.

JMHO

12. You left out one important choice.

- Looks and appearance are okay, but quality can stand some improvement.

Actually, by quality I am not referring to construction of the C-9 as such, but to to jamming problems on new C-9's which usually is a simple matter to resolve. However, Hi-Point in its instructions omits addressing this simple solution. One paragraph could save hundreds, if not thousands of calls to Hi-Point, and probably could free up one employee to be transferred from the telephone to the manufacturing process.

P.S. 1: I would be happy to write the paragraph, but I am confident that neither I nor anyone else will not be called upon for assistance.

P.S. 2: Hi-Point's online manual is pitiful. I would be happy to put the manual in a quality online presentation (same manual, but quality for online review and downloads with a fraction of file size), but I am confident that neither I nor anyone else will be called upon for assistance on this matter.

13. Well, there's nothing wrong with that, and while Beemiller may or may not adopt it, you can upload it here, preferably as a collaborative project. Indeed, primal has already started a 995 document over in the Carbines thread.

Nobody here ever complains about user contributions!

14. Two things I'd like to see - different grips for all the guns, and an accessory rail on the c9. Other than that, it's all good.

15. Decoligny

Decoligny Member

+1 on the accessory rail

16. I really like the Hi-Point guns the way they are but if they offered a wood stock, that would be great. I personally prefer the original stock over the ATI.

17. illhunter

illhunter Well-Known Member

poll

i like the carbines but would like wood on it instead of plastic.

Terry

18. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    a wood stock would look cool but I like my planet of the apes/star wars looking carbine. The wacky looking stock is something I like and one of the reasons I bought her.

19. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

from what i hear, hi-point is back logged with orders and is selling their guns as fast as they can produce them. sounds to me like they found the niche in the market and have the perfect product to fill that niche. besides, i know some of us enjoy creating our own custom looks for our hp's. i've never seen a brand of gun forum where the members were as creative and industrious as this one and i for one enjoy the new ideas that keep springing up on this forum.

20. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

That's about as true of a statement as I've ever heard. Polish those fingernails guys, we rock!