Hipoint 9 carbine--Ruger 22/45

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Protector00, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Protector00

Protector00 Well-Known Member

Went to the range today to try out these new Holographic reflex sights.Ragged holes from both guns,was really slow there due to the rain,so there was plenty of time to practice drills. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  2. unclerob

unclerob Member

Deatils on the mount would be greatly appreciated. Make, model, cost?
    I have a 22/45 that I was thinking about putting a plinking scope on, but I don't want to drill and that mount looks beefy enough for me!

3. Protector00

unclerob,Sportsmanguide.com.$49.95-B-square.

4. unclerob

unclerob Member

Thanks Protector00!
    I'm on it.

Cool toys you got there.

5. neothespian

neothespian Well-Known Member

Not usually big on scopes, but the holographic display might be an interesting alternative to a red-dot. Let us know how the first field tests go!

6. Protector00

Thanks,the holo on the Ruger is new,I've had the other holo on the Hipoint for about a year 2 times a week to the range,about 200 rounds each session,no problems,just changed the CR2032 battery about 5 times. The reason I like the open reflex is you keep both eyes open to shoot this instead of closing one(target aquisition is a lot faster for me than a tubed red dot!
    [​IMG]

7. The holographic scope I got from BSA has 4 different reticles, from a crosshair to a circle with a dot in it,

Payed 60 bucks for it, havent had a chance to try it out yet

8. vallen

vallen Well-Known Member

How's the accuracy on the holographic sights? I like iron sights much better than a red dot, the holo might be a good medium- just want to get more input from you guys. Cons with sunlight? night shooting?

9. night shooting it will help because you have a lit up reticle that you will be able to put on the target

sunlight is really only a problem when it is directly behind the target and either goes up in the morning and is directly behind the target or goes down in the evening and is directly behind the target

other than that sunlight can be dealt with