Holster for Pistols

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Dr. Dave, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Dr. Dave

Dr. Dave Guest

I've been meaning to post this for a while. As the C9's are a little large for many leather holsters try this trick.
    1. Wrap the pistol in saran wrap.
    2. Soak the leather holster in water ( I used hot water, not sure if it makes a difference)
    3. Force the wrapped pistol into the holster
    4. Let the holster dry. It will form to the shape of the pistol (assuming that it was only a little small originally)

Once dry If the pistol drags when you draw, spray a small amount of WD-40 on the inside of the holster. The pistol will slide out easily.

I had a leather holster for a Taurus PT98 that was too small for a C9 being left handed and having trouble finding the right holster I tried this, it works very well![/quote]

2. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Thanks thats a great tip

3. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

agree to the "old school" approach - we used to do the same thing for ice skates when they were leather, now they are carbon fiber...... oh well.

Only small watch out - if you have a more expensive holster, many times they are warranted - soaking in water will make that go away. May not be an issue, just wanted to let folks know.

4. I carry my c9 and cf380 in an uncile mikes side kick size 16. It works really well

5. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

I use a uncle mikes 16 for my 380, but that's a cool idea about the water.

6. Stryker1

Stryker1 Well-Known Member

UM 16 here as well but would like to see the Leather too!!!

Post some pics.