How about some 7.62x54R Mosin ammo pix?

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by GerbilWarrior, Oct 15, 2007.

1. GerbilWarrior

GerbilWarrior Well-Known Member

Here's some Russian 1940's ammo from AIM...

[​IMG]

This is good ammo. It always fires, and it is accurate. But it kicks like a mule!

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

It's corrosive as well isn't it?

3. JasonJ

JasonJ Well-Known Member

most all ammo made before the 70s was...

pretty much ALL surplus ammo in 7.62x54r is corrosive.

not a big deal.. just swab out the barrel.

4. GerbilWarrior

GerbilWarrior Well-Known Member

Send it all to me..

Yes, it is terrible for your firearm. Please send it all to me, and I will dispose of it properly.

:D

5. Don't have any pics but I have 3,000 rds of Czech silvertip and 1,200 rds of the Czech practice ammo.

The practice ammo is too much fun!

All the bang and flash and about 75% less recoil...very accurate out to 125 yds also.

6. Oh...I just remembered I have 260 rds of Hungarian silvertip also...never shot that ammo yet.

7. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

czech is good stuff. the hungarian isnt bad either. All of its corrosive to one degree or another.

ive got a couple thousand rounds of 70s mfg silvertips for sale if anybodys interested. Good stuff.

SW

8. What are you asking for it?

9. JasonJ

JasonJ Well-Known Member

all ive ever shot is Bulgarian heavy ball.. BAM it'll break your shoulder and pierce through some thick arse metal plates.. i tell ya..

10. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I have to say that I'm interested in some of that as well SW... What are we talking as far as price and shipping?

11. Wolverine, that brings up another question, what is the weight of the bullet in your ammo?

I keep below 150gr to keep my Romak 3 from beating itself to death.

Damm I wish the winter (deer season) would get over with so I can go back up to the rifle range!!!!!