hp 40 range report

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by hpman, Nov 18, 2007.

1. hpman

hpman Guest

I've had my hp40 for some time now. Just purchased a used Taurus PT92 (9mm w/17rnd mag) with Hogue grips last week and went to the range on Sat. The PT92 feels great in my hand and I understand why some say the Hp's feel like a brick. I love the safety and how easy it is to field strip the PT92 .

After firing my Taurus, I fired a few mags of 40 through the Hp. The recoil of the HP felt very light compared to the 9mm in the Taurus. I was more acurate with the HP then the Taurus and even moved the target back to 25yds for some shots with the HP.

I love my Taurus but after firing it, I'm starting to love my HP even more. If I had to get up in the middle of the night and fend off an intruder, I might have to pause and decide which weapon to take into battle.

Hpman

HP40
    PT92AF

4 trillion posts on the old site :lol: :D

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Welcome hpman, we're glad you're here.

Good review on the Hi-Point, we all love ours too.

3. Ari

Ari Guest

Welcome aboard

4. 1knight

1knight Well-Known Member

Thats easy pick up that HP and have the mofo walk in and have the meat wagon take him out :lol:

Welcome

5. 1motion

1motion Guest

ive shot many types of pistols and my .45 hi point a better shooter than most of the guns ive shot... hi points may not be well balanced and feel light in your hand but truth it at 32 ounces a hi point is lighter than a lot of guns out there.

6. hpman

hpman Guest

Thanks for all the welcomes, however, I've been on the board for quite sometime. Just haven't posted anything since the forum meltdown.

I guess my previous posts weren't that memorable. :eek:

The HP 40 was my first pistol and I love it. I never knew shooting could be some much fun and now I'm addicted. I keeping thinking about how much ammo I have on hand just in case the SHTF. Keep a mini BOB in my car and constantly think about my next gun purchase.

Hpman :D