HPFF sponsored charities....

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Jones, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

What charities do you think HPFF should sponsor? List me some and I'll add them to our main web page ( http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/ ) for people to be able to donate. We'll also be donating as we get advertisers and what not to good ,honest charities.Whether it concerns our troops, cancer, heart disease, breast cancer, Alzheimer's, children's cancer/ illnesses, the Salvation Army, a Christian church cause to spread the word, or any good charity that gives as much as possible to the honorable cause without any selfishness...

2. HPHooked

HPHooked Well-Known Member

Salvation Army, NRA, Second Amendment Foundation, United Way. Those would do to start. Will try to get you some more.

3. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

My vote for the NRA, and salvation army.

Other than that I vote for the Thayldt21 Lost and neglected, homless gun fund. LOL

4. hpman

hpman Guest

NRA would be good. How about Toys for Tots (affiliated with the Marine Corp) All the others listed above are good too.

Speaking of advertisers, has anyone thought about adding google ads or amazon webstore to the site? With amazon, forum members could shop and HPFF would get about 4% of the total sales generated. There are probably some outdoor type stores that have similar affiliate programs too.

Just my two cents

Hpman

5. Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

NRA and Salvation Army are a must....they will be added as well as United Way. Keep them coming guys.

Remember... "let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need." -Ephesians 4:28

6. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

http://www.alsa.org

The above foundation has a personal spot in my wallet, and heart, because my dad passed away in 1989 due to complications brought on by A.L.S. also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. Below is a short description of ALS...

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's disease," is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually lead to their death. When the motor neurons die, the ability of the brain to initiate and control muscle movement is lost. With voluntary muscle action progressively affected, patients in the later stages of the disease may become totally paralyzed.

Mortality rate is 100% with life expectency of 18 months to 5 years after onset of symptoms.
    rimfirehunter

7. .45acp

.45acp Well-Known Member

Good choices so far.
    I also support and recommend the Red Cross.

A little story here and short:

Number 1 is that I've been at various emergencies and disasters helping out and the Red Cross has always been there.
    Number 2 is that while I was in the Army I had an emergency at home. The Red Cross contacted my CO, set everything up and arranged transportation.

8. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

I would also vote for the Red Cross. :)

9. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Most people don't know about the huge humanitarian aid program they have, but they are almost as mobilized as the US military. In the event of a disaster, they are on site and offering aid even before the Red Cross.

Not to mention the largest missionary program in the world, or the largest geneology program in the world. And one of the largest, most effective church welfare programs in existence. Oh, and they don't ban guns from chapels like so many churches do. They don't encourage it, but you are free to do so. My bishop used to carry in church every sunday. :) The church has no paid ministry, so he was a DEA agent during the week...

10. Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

Ill look into all of these guys!

11. St Judes Hospital.

They do cancer research and treatment for children with cancer. They will not turn a child away because of the familys not having any money to pay.

Its just not fair for a kid that has not had a chance to live yet to die from a crappy disease like cancer.

12. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

USO is another good one.

13. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

I suspect you'll get quite a list, not sure how you'll decide. You may recall, my 2008 United Way donation was made in the forum's name - as I wanted to recognize all I rec'd here in the way of learning, friendship and the mandatory harassment. Were I to vote, I make it something service related to honor all the vets and LE's on the site. That's a theme that runs deep here.

14. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

Ronald Mc Donald House

15. Fenix

Fenix Guest

I'll support anything except a religious charity.

16. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Anything that supports kids, incurable diseases or the Military is good to go with me. St. Judes House is a really good one for that. The Mayo clinic is another good one. Uraijit suggested the LDS, that's a great one *My stepdad is mormon* and the ALS one that RFH suggested is another great one.

There are way too many good charities to really list, as they all serve a great cause.

17. My votes:

A.L.S. charities

American Cancer Society

American Heart Association

Red Cross

18. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

USO

Ronald McDonald house

Red cross

FWIW you guys know im anti NRA and its not technically a charity.

SW