I can't decide how I feel about this Mosin...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by stonebridge, Nov 3, 2007.

1. This ought to get some comments; I found it on another forum:

[​IMG]

"7.62 X 54R: Turning cover into concealment since 1891." :D

-'bridge

2. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that on another forum too. I just don't get the point of a tacticool bolt action.

3. neothespian

neothespian Well-Known Member

Dear. God.

What IS that hideous thing? Is that...what....FOUR scope attachments?

WHY??!!!???

4. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S.

Well, that is certainly something. :shock:

5. I don't think there's any point to it; I'm just struggling to decide whether or not it's funny-cool or funny-stupid. I mean, there's a certain amount of wry humor involved with a project like that. You have to at least appreciate the time and effort that went into building something that obviously took some work, just to get a laugh. Nobody that's that good at putting together a weapon builds that rifle for any sort of serious purpose. That isn't some duct-tape bubba job, whoever built it is a pro. With a sense of humor. Make a heck of an entry gun. :D Man-stopping power with a built-in flamethrower.

-'bridge
    PS Neo: "Dear. God. What IS that hideous thing?"
    I kinda felt that same way about Zoe's mare's-leg and Jayne's "Vera". Then they sorta grew on me.

6. IndianasFinest

IndianasFinest Well-Known Member

WHAT THE FU#$.... Over ?

7. I woudl enjoy seeing the fireball that comes out of that thing though.

8. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Personally I think that guy just took a massive crap on a piece of history. He took a perfectly good rifle and made it into some monstrosity. Yeah, I think it's funny because the guy looks like a tool, so I guess that would be the funny-stupid way.

9. neothespian

Awww..... You can't be bagging on Jayne's Vera. I mean, ANY man who'd only let his gun go in order to trade it for another man's wife REALLY has an attachment to such a thing. And no matter what the gun looks like, you know it's love....

Although I am impressed with you actually knowing the name of his gun. I was actually partial to Mal's funky peacemaker/model 66 looking sidearm for some reason. I just needed a pearl handle that's all

Besides, I'm willing to but $20 that the guy built that with a SERIOUS purpose. I'm getting a redneck vibe off of that fellow.

10. yeah its the most pointless, and stupid bubba i've ever seen

kill me now please

11. Ari

Ari Guest

Looks like hey belong together

12. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

Don't jump to conclusions man. There's a thousand reasons this rifle could have been chosen for such a project. Cracked stock, missing stock, ruined barrel, salvaging someone elses bubba job, I mean there's plenty of possibilities that could have been the origin of such a project. First we must figure out what stock he started with to fit to the mosin. Looks to be a shotty stock I've seen somewhere else. Might not have been THAT hard to do if you had the stock laying around and a dremel. Plus you had to have a few rainey days and one helluva imagination.

13. Fenix

Fenix Guest

I still think her Mare's-leg look-alike is badass. I'm considering getting one of these: http://www.wildwestguns.com/Bushwacker/bushwacker.html as an homage. Any woman who can kick that much ass is alright by me. :D

14. He's a member at SKSBoards and that is pretty much the story. I also think he said the barrel looks shorter than it is because of the angle of the photo.

15. neothespian

True...nothing wrong with robbing the parts bin when you are bored and you got a dead blaster sitting on the shop bench.

p.s.
    You can have Zoe....Kaylee was WAY hotter :)

16. Yes, absolutely Kaylee's hotter. But Zoe could kill you with her pinky which demands a healthy level of respect. And then there's Inara... :shock:

-'bridge

17. while I think its hideous

Theres nothing wrong with doing something like that as a joke on an already fubar'd piece.

18. elguapo

elguapo Guest

ALL them chicks from that show are hawt... :wink:

19. :roll:

Oh please. It's a Mosin. They ONLY made about seventy bajillion of them.

20. Ari

Ari Guest