Interesting Pistols

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by z71silverado98, Nov 20, 2007.

1. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Well-Known Member

Found these while looking for a pic of the elusive grey frame. Looks like these were movie props.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. xardoz

xardoz Guest

Interesting - that site says they are Stallard pistols, not Hi-Points. I'm new to HP, so can anyone tell me what the connection is?

3. Hmmm... which site? The two non-Hi-Points in the three-pistol pic are the spitting image of my Iberia:

http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=272&highlight=iberia

The one in the lower picture, while extremely similar, seems to lack the curve at the front of the slide, though it could be another Iberia variant.

4. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

The top picture top 2 guns Look to be the predecessor to the hi points we have today, If im not mistaken they almost look like they have metal frames and I wonder if those slides are made of something other than the Zinc that we have today. Those are some cool pics showing the heritage of our 'points I wonder how heavy those old framers were.. Im definitely pumped that our design incorporates a better type mag release and smoother looking grips. I checked out that link to the IBERIA .. That is cool.. Its kind of cool to see these guns that our new 'points evolved from...

5. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

The early pistols were called Stallard's or Haskell's, those eventually evolved into the HiPoint line of pistols we have today. If I am not mistake Beemiller will still cover the Stallard and Haskell pistols under their lifetime no questions asked warrenty.

rimfirehunter

6. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Well-Known Member

Rim is right, though i'd want to keep an old metal frame HP instead of getting it updated. if im not mistaken they were Beemiller/Haskell manufacturing for a while.

7. .40cal_in_Idaho

.40cal_in_Idaho Well-Known Member

I have one of the metal framed .40 JC's. Looks just like the one in the lower right of the bottom pic.

Dave

8. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

I remember shooting one of the old metal frame 9mm's back around 1990, cant remember if it was a Stallard or Haskell. The gun worked fine but was very crude when you compare it to a C9 today. A couple weeks back the local pawn shop got a load, 10-15, used HiPoint's in and some of them were the old metal frame HiPoints and two were Haskell's. I almost bought one, just to have, but decided I really like my slightly smaller and more streamlined polymer framed C9.

rimfirehunter

9. TsabaDLK

TsabaDLK Guest

Glad I found this post. I Just bought a NEW Stallard. Yea thats right. Just bought it 3 days ago. I got it at a pawn shot still in the box. I am the first owner! I called into Hi-point and gave them the serial # and found out that it was made in Feb of 2001 and has sat in the pawnshop for 7 Years. It shoots great! I love the metal Frame Thinking of sending it in to have the internals upgraded but not the frame! O ya I got it for $180 out the door. Here are some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. i looks great, though i just can't get it over the bottom mag release. the grip looks better than the new HP.

11. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

very interesting stuff.. so whats the full story behind these guns?

to be honest i think they are more attractive then the hi-points

but you can clearly see the similarities in design so whats the connection?

a full history write up would be interesting to read if anyone has time.

12. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Interesting indeed. I too would be interested in the history.