Irma Cat 6? Cat 7?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Sep 3, 2017.

Where will Irma Go?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2017.
  1. NYC

5.3%
  2. Miami

10.5%
  3. Daytona

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NC

21.1%
  5. Detroit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Florida Keys

21.1%
  7. Pierre SD

42.1%
  1. Yes-yes boys and girls! Will this be hype or real? Real hype? The Ytubers are hollering about NYC getting hit. :eek: Just as long as it stays out of Tennessee. Mom, my nephew and his wife live in Kernersville NC. :D Are they playing on Harvey fear?

Irma German for goddess of war.............

And 2 more behind her? o_O

2. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

NYC does have a history of getting peelayed by hurricanes. And it ain't gonna be pretty if/when it happens again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_York_hurricanes

And the old timers there will shake in fear when reminded of this 1938 disaster:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1938_New_England_hurricane

The problem now is the exponentially increased population density plus the rise of an 'entitlement' mentality where no one is responsible for their own well being. Not going to be pretty if a Cat 4 comes visiting.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Probably a lot of the news media playing on fear.

But I'm watching this one close. They say it has a good chance if hitting the Carolinas. And it's supposed to be a strong one. Having flashbacks to Hurricane Hugo. But I'm ready. Stocked up.

planosteve likes this.
  4. Andrew came in to Homestead a very compact storm. It was moving fast. They claim they don't know how high the winds were. Some said 250mph+ the anemometer at NOAA broke.

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Still get a bit more water and gas. You can never have too much. Oh and TP, you can never have too much TP.

FlashBang and rowiebowie like this.
  6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

If it hits the Carolinas, you might have me coming through your AO. My grandmother just bought a house in Wilmington and my mom is near Topsail.

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

ND
    See the idea of living in a frozen waste land doesn't seem so bad now does it. We have the 4 seasons. Blizzards, wind, road construction, and mosquitoes. 3just happen at the same time.

Hermitt, Twisty and rowiebowie like this.
  8. eldarbeast

eldarbeast Supporting Member

This storm has "Pierre SD" written all over it!

Buckle up, Dakota!

eldar

9. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Just checked latest track from the National Hurricane Center... Florida Keys then into the gulf unless high pressure manages to turn it...

Dad_Roman likes this.
  10. moona11

ND
    Good I'm in the other one. I'm safe

eldarbeast likes this.
  11. Froggy

Froggy Member

Il
    Did I hear right that there's 2 storms behind this one?

12. Jose looks possible development SW Gulf. Katia off of Africa.

Dad_Roman and Froggy like this.
  13. Froggy

Froggy Member

Il
    Thanks

moona11 likes this.
  14. Already water shortages in Florida. MIL said Walmart in Lakeland had 5 cases of water. She took 2 and a M****** took her cart with her purse. She stopped him. She was picking up the second one when he did it. o_O

15. Well it was a pretty weird thing I found on short notice. :confused:

16. rowiebowie

rowiebowie Supporting Member

Texas
    They're getting awfully good at predicting paths for these storms so if you are in Florida, good luck.

But I hope they're wrong and it makes the hard right turn sooner and back out into the Atlantic.

TNTRAILERTRASH and Dad_Roman like this.
  17. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

I was in a couple stores yesterday and people were buying cases and cases of water. One Publix shelves were almost totally empty with only gallon containers left.

18. 175mph and going to the Keys(?) And the storm in the Western Gulf can whack Florida too? Or both could end up in Houston/New Orleans?

19. moona11

ND
    Have friends in different parts of Florida and they are all saying water is hard to find in stores.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  20. WECSOG

WECSOG Well-Known Member

Ten, borderline lebbum. :eek:

Dad_Roman likes this.