Iver Johnson Shotgun

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by nicadflyer, Oct 17, 2007.

1. nicadflyer

nicadflyer Well-Known Member

I'm looking for information on a Iver Johnson 16 gauge shotgun. One of my friends son found it in a house that he just bought. He is looking for info and was wondering if anyone know anything about them. The S/N has four numbers followed by a letter. Any info would help.

Paul

2. Maverick

Maverick Guest

This is all I could find on them... Good Luck!

Iver Johnson Firearms:

There is not a lot of information available about individual models of firearms that Iver Johnson manufactured. Iver Johnson started out in 1871 as Johnson Bye & Co., in 1883 the name of the company was changed to Iver Johnson & Co. and in 1891 the name was changed again to Iver Johnson's Arms & Cycle Works. Iver Johnson produced firearms under various names and owners form 1871 until 1993. In 1993 when operations ceased, Iver Johnson was owned by American Military Arms Corp. (AMAC). Iver Johnson gained a reputation over the years for producing low cost, sturdy, reliable firearms. Unfortunately there is little or no collector interest in these firearms, values for most are in the $75.00 or less range

http://armscollectors.com/faq.htm#Iver_Johnson_Firearms

3. nicadflyer

nicadflyer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help.

4. mjd932

mjd932 Active Member

I have an old top-break IJ revolver that shoots 32 Short S&W. It's from 1897 and shoots MOA (A=acre)