Java Error.... HELP

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Taurus357, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

Ok I'm getting nowhere. HHD fried on me and I had to put a new one in. So I got one installed, formatted, installed XP, put in all my drivers and so one. Then started with all my plugins for firefox and when I got to Java I started having problems. Here is the error I'm getting. I've tried the online and offline installation. Been looking up the error codes online and can't find a real solution anywhere other then sayin to use the offline version, which I am. Downloaded the offline file 4 times, still no dice. I've done all my windows updates and so on and still no luck. Here's the error and keep in mind I'm no puter noob so please no "reboot" suggestions. I'm ready to pull what little hair I have left out.

[​IMG]

2. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Have you tried a total uninstall of firefox and reinstall? I'm not too familiar with firefox, but that would be my next step personally.

I also found this at another website:

"I had the same problem. I solved it by running the msi program referenced in the error message directly. So, given your error message, you would go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\CJ\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_01\

and run jre1.6.0_01.msi. See if that works.

Note that everyone else would need to navigate to:

C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_01\ "

Hope it helps :)

3. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

No dice. File doesn't exist. Ohwell...I'll figure it out eventually. Till then I can't use hipoint chat.