Just another range report

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by MarksmanOne, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Saturday morning, and I'm out at the range again. I got a few shots off with all my firearms, and my C9 was flawless. I have a lot of fun shooting my SKS, but the C9 was right on point. I had 3 FTE from my SKYY, and I only put 40 rounds through it... but the C9 was smooth, on-target, and without incident. Who was that who said they weren't reliable? In the words of the immortal Jimi Hendrix, "Get experienced! Well, have you ever been experienced? I have..."

2. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

thanks for the update!

More about the SKYY??? Isn't that the P-11 alternate? Did that number of FTE's surprise you? I have a P-11 so I'm just curious.

3. Right, the SKYY CPX-1 is almost an exact copy of the Kel-Tec P-11, with what, I thought, were some improvements. And, all was going well for the last three times I went to the range, but... what I've discovered... carbon and gunk just cakes under the ejection pin. I don't know why; I don't know what; but, unless you're constantly cleaning under that little tricky area, it is just not going to function properly. What I like about the SKYY over the P-11 is the safey latch... a lot of folks are having trouble with theirs, but mine is working just fine and I like it's location and function. Am I disappointed? Yeah... I like a gun that fires in muck, mud, and gunk.