KRISS Super-V

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Ridge, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Dontk now if anybody else has seen this...saw it on the Gunbroker forums...

[​IMG]

.45 Automatic MG.

Comparison to 1911 and UMP.45 here:
    Clicky!

Article and Discover Channel Future Weapons clip here:
    Clicky!

2. SAMPO

SAMPO Well-Known Member

:shock: umm yeah...was it good for you too!

3. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

I'm almost 100% positive that they had this weapon on Future Weapons. Very cool :) Hopefully it's a design that catches on, because it really does look like a genuine improvement.

4. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

My original post has a link to the Future Weapons clip at the bottom ;)

It may be ugly as sin, but it looks like a good step forward!

5. eqfan592

LOL! Sorry :) I'm at work right now so sometimes I miss some of the "finer" details of these posts :p

6. neothespian

neothespian Well-Known Member

So, my question is: HOW does this new configuration reduce the recoil of the weapon over previous designs?

7. eqfan592

Instead of the recoil driving strait back into the operators shoulder, causing a general upward motion while firing, the recoil is driven downward at an angle, not only reducing felt recoil, but helping to counter the natural tendency for the aim point to rise during automatic fire.

Of course, this could also be a load of BS on my part, as I'm no expert (far from) but that's what it looks like to me anyway :)

8. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Sounds right to me...the force is directed downward which not only helps reduce recoil, but would also push downward...I notice when shooting pistols the tug on the trigger tends to pull the pistol towards me, and therefore up as my wrist swivels....

9. Carpe_Jugulum

Carpe_Jugulum Well-Known Member

If I remember the FW ep there is a series of rollers like this

---
    /
    /

in the grip and they compress at a downward angle. it looks really slick.

Sorry the forum is condensing it. basicly it's a triangle that flexes and alters the kick.

10. Troller98

Troller98 Well-Known Member

I think Jennifer Garners character in "The Kingdom" used one of those. I saw it on FW also, sweet looking weapon.

11. uncle jerky

uncle jerky Well-Known Member

So,have the makers of this gun just reduced the felt recoil to the shoulder, BUT, transferred some of the felt recoil to the shooting hand/grip and wrist, causing a different, worse problem for smaller,less strong parts of the anatomy? If so, I'd pass on that gun in favor of one the "old style" kickers.