Land of Confusion Video

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by patriot2980, Nov 12, 2007.

1. patriot2980

patriot2980 Well-Known Member

Here's a video by the heavy metal band Disturbed.
    I thought it was just cool video. They're doing a cover of the old Genesis song. I wasn't sure if I should post it in the Lounge since it's just a music video. I decided to post it in the Free Fire Zone since it is quite politically charged. You can interpret it many different ways. Is it pro-communist? Is it anti-fascist? Or is it saying that sometimes the people have to rise up when a government or governments get a little too out of hand.
    Or is it simply just a good song with a cool video? You decide.
    Here you go, submitted for your approval, "Land of Confusion" by Disturbed:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KW8DRSvEoQ[/ame]

BTW: The video was directed by Todd MacFarlane, they guy who created the Spawn comic book, so thats why the animation might a little familiar to any comic book nerds like myself. :D

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Moved to the Lounge.

That video is really kick butt. I really don't like most cover songs done by modern bands, but Disturbed did it right with this one.

3. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

I am a huge Disturbed fan and can't wait for the next album due early next year. A lot of the songs they do are very political, Land of Confusion has a great video and fits the times we are in very well.

4. neothespian

neothespian Well-Known Member

Re: Land of Confusion

Funny...pro-communist and anti-facist are the same thing from that perspective :p

Haven't been able to see the video yet, but have heard the cover and actually like it (I'm a Phil Collins fan...don't let anyone know who hears my collection of politi-punk).

5. yeah i love that song and i am a country fan they have another good song i think the name of it is 10,000 fists in the air i belive it has to do with the first 10000 troops sent to iraq..............

6. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Loved the original video and song...I MAY have heard the cover, but dont recall. Good stuffs.

7. patriot2980

patriot2980 Well-Known Member

Neo,I do see your point. It can be the same from that perspective but in a way it's not. In a way you can be anti-facist and not be pro-communist.
    I took the video as being anti-facist and anti-new world order. But in my mind definitely not pro-communist. But I'm sure some could take it as very pro-communist. But everyone sees it differently. It's like any work of art. 1000 people can look at a painting and each one of them can get a different perspective. It might not be the artists original view, but art is supposed to be subjective.
    I think this video is a fine example. It can taste different to everyone.
    and isn't that the definition of true art? :D

8. neothespian

neothespian Well-Known Member

VERY true! Excellent insight.