Made It To North Carolina

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Taurus357, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

Well I made it to north carolina. It's been a long trip with lots of problems with the ol pick up. The fuel pump took some road debris and had to have that changed in a podunk town. Then my alternator started crappin out on me. Had to put a new battery in it that got me to our destination, but died in the parking lot of the base lodging...but in the check in spot, so we had to push it one spot over so it wouldn't get ticketed. Now while waiting on all the paperwork to buy out house we're in base lodging, and they have no internet except in the lobby, blah. So no regular internet access for a few weeks to a month.

2. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    nice to see you made it.

3. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

Glad you made it safely! Gotta love cross country PCS. If its gonna go wrong it will.

rimfirehunter

4. patriot2980

patriot2980 Well-Known Member

Welcome to North Carolina.Been here my whole life.
    It's a good place to be.

5. Taurus357

Ft.Bragg/Pope AFB is a crazy place! When you enter the main gate you take different exits to get to different parts of the base. It's huuuge.

6. Taurus357

Oh if there is anyone here in the Ft. Bragg area let me know cause I don't know anyone here and dieing to get some range time but am lost in this town.

7. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Glad you finally made it brother. I guess I had a little more luck than you did, with only a cracked windshield, and a few thousand miles on my truck moving from PA to CA, back to PA, then multiple trips between PA and NC.
    There are a few of us up in Raleigh, but I haven't had any range time yet... trying to avoud the dreaded $15/hr to shoot.
    If you find a good spot down there, I'd make a road trip. My arsenal doesn't touch Primals, but I'm a pretty good sharer. :wink:

8. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

congrats on your journey - glad you're safe and back to the board here!

9. Welcome!

Course, you're still ~70 miles from me in Raleigh, but welcome all the same :)

10. patriot2980

There's some great gun shops around Fort Bragg. My wife's from around that area so we go down there quite a lot.
    Jim's Gun Jobbery is a great store. A little high but fun to look around in.
    A store over in Spring Lake called Patriot Outfitters is a great store for Tactical gear. Also check out Old Sarge's.
    I was just down there 2 weekends ago for the Gun Show at the Crown Arena. I love gun shows in Military towns.

11. patriot2980

I heard a rumor that they are going to shut Bragg Blvd. down completely to civilian traffic in a year or so. That's really going to be a pain in the butt. I hear they are planning a by-pass all the way around the base, but who knows how they will do it.

12. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Congrats, taurus. Glad you made it with all digits intact...

13. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

You know, it's just not the same around here without Taurus to call up whenever I want to go shoot the hell out of something.....

Glad you got there safe bro, give me a call just to chat whenever you get a chance.

14. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Holy Smokes you sure had a time getting there! Hopefully all the problems are behind you, and it will be smoother sailing now.

15. Taurus357

I may or may not be working in raleigh, depends on where I find a job and if I find one up there for 25-30/hr then I'll work up there, lot more oppertunities there though. I'm going to check out the base range here soon and if it's any good then I can sign you on huggy to shoot.

16. MalcolmStone

MalcolmStone Well-Known Member

Sounds like Primal and Taurus are going to have to find some new range buddies. :) I'm glad you made it safely and, if you went through West Virginia, I apologize. :)

Tom

17. billybybose

billybybose Guest

Hey taurus glad your back :D

18. billybybose

billybybose Guest

P.S. can you have the animals on base housing?

19. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Glade you made it safely Taurus, and glad you're back o/l

20. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

If you're talking about having guns in Base Housing, then yes I can. All I have to do is write down what I have with Make Model Caliber and Serial # and have it signed by my commander and then submit it to Security Forces. The only reason they do that is because if they get called over here for a domestic dispute, they want to know what they're walking into.... LMAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They might as well take on a really well supplied platoon!!!!