Military Rifles, Got Wood?

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by mjpatrick, Oct 20, 2007.

1. mjpatrick

mjpatrick Guest

1974 Romanian Trainer M1969 .22lr
    [​IMG]

1978 Romanian Trainer M1969 .22lr bushnell 3-12x32 scope single shot bolt action 5rd magazine
    [​IMG]

1972 Yugoslavian 59/66 SKS semi-automatic 7.62x39 4x40 sks mount range reticle scope 10rd fixed magazine, bolt buffer
    [​IMG]

2006 Romanian WASR-10 AK-47 semi-automatic 7.62x39 3-30rd magazines slant brake front pistol grip military stock wood and side folder composite butt stock birdcage flash hider, 10 rd magazine, bolt buffer, G2 tapco trigger
    [​IMG]

Eastern Bloc Family Photo
    [​IMG]

:D

2. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Nice collection you got going there.

I have never seen an AK with a wooden front pistol grip like that before. Very interesting...

3. Very nice. I'd like to get a .22 trainer like that.

Here's the Romy G I built from a parts kit:

[​IMG]

It's not as pretty as mjpatrick's...

as a matter of fact, it's not really even finished. I need to put some type of protective coat on the receiver.

4. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Really Cool... and you put it together yourself out of a kit? even cooler! 8)

5. I had some help and the use of another guys awesome tools. He had a press and just about every rivet jig that AK-Builder.com has, which is the easy but expensive way to do it.

6. Ari

Ari Guest

Very nice!

7. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Hey milsurpdave :D did you use one of your Tapco flats, and compliance packages for that build? (shameless plug for milsurpstuff) It looks good! I'll be ordering probably 2 packages from you probably this coming week.

8. This one actually has a NoDak Spud receiver.

ETA- don't forget about my special.

9. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Dang, I was hoping you could give me a first hand opinion on the Tapco flats. Where did you get your kit from?

10. I bought the kit last winter off a guy on FALFiles for $88, if I remember correctly. It's all matching and it is most funnest gun I have after my 995.:D

mjpatrick-

I apologize, I hijacked the heck out of your thread.

11. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I didn't have "wood" before, but I damn sure do now!! :shock: :shock: :shock: What beautiful guns!

I need a second job....

12. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Those are some sweet looking rifles you've got there! :D

13. Like I said before and I will say it again wood looks so much better than plastic guns. I love the collection.

14. Globemaster

Globemaster Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

click here to view ---> The MOJO Sighting System

Removal of the Tangent leaf sight.
    [​IMG]

Installation process: prior to reinstalling the retainer pin.
    [​IMG]

MOJO Sight installed.
    [​IMG]

15. PrimalSeal

Globemaster, that K31 is almost more than I can take. I am still waiting on Legal here at Holloman to get back to me on the legalities of my C&R license before I fill out the paperwork to get it started.

16. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

I sure as hell got wood now...

17. Globemaster

Globemaster Active Member

I just love the Mil-Surps; they are readily available and are quite reasonably priced and for the most part are cheap to shoot depending on the caliber of choice.

BTW: how long was this site down? it’s been awhile since I was here last … I had to re-register and everything! Oh well I’m glad to be back on.

[​IMG]

18. PrimalSeal

It was only down for a couple of days, but we had to build a new forum as we still don't know what happened to the other one. We may have been hacked, or we may have been deleted by Forumer.com, we don't know. They aren't forthcoming with any answers so we may never know.

Wooden stripper clips for the K31? I never knew they had those.... Wow!