Monday will be going to the pound. **GOT THE PUPPY**

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Thayldt21, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

:twisted:
    Monday I will be going to the pound to pick up some lucky stray.
    Well actually my wife is taking me.
    She say's I can pick out any puppy I want. With some limmitations of course.
    I am tourn desperatly between the glock 19 or the XD9.

I have at least narrowed it to these to mutts.

I do know that I will not go wrong with either but I NEED both. 8)
    but I only can budget one of them.

Most in part that I must pick up a Walther p22 for wifey.

Oh man I am in trouble!

Feel free to add your .02

2. For what little its worth, I vote for the XD9. Congrats!

3. Ari

Ari Guest

I have had my say in the matter LOL have fun

4. Maverick

Maverick Guest

+1 Get the XD-9.
    (its also a little cheaper than the Glock)

I don't know about Glock, but the Springfield has a Lifetime Warranty even if its a used XD. Because of that, I got a used XD-9 4" Service with Heinie's Straight Eight Night Sights for only $399.00. That XD-9 with Heinie sights sells for $566 New.

5. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I know GM will speak about this....
    But I vote XD, for I have shot one. I have held a Glock, but never shot one. Maybe I will change my tune upon shooting a Glock, who knows.

6. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

well, you're gonna lose two nights of sleep between now and then.... so drive carefully when you do go! :lol: :lol:

[ you can't go wrong either way it seems - I'm an XD man and I love it. Have FUN and don't even think about coming back here without PICTURES!! ]

7. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

XD all the way buddy.

8. pills

pills Guest

glock. Why buy an imitation?

9. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I had a chance to fire a G 17 today. Different feel from anything I have shot together. Trigger was def different (due to the safety lever I guess) and the grip angle was something to get used to. I only had time to go through one magazine through it, so I am no expert on it. I did get a number when I get my CCW on getting a decent price on new pistolas...

10. billybybose

billybybose Guest

:lol: I know watcha mean thay Im getting a new 995(order it mon the 22) and ordered a kel-tec p3at for the wifey.Its for you dear :lol:.Im a glocker but it seems to me our hipoint brothers are happy with both.I think the xd is cheaper and with your new addition(papoose)that might be a factor.Hey El Guapo when we hook up you can blast my g-19 as much as ya want,and did ya get your 995?

11. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    my vote goes to the XD

12. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I think the XD picks up where the Glock left off. The Glock was a great 1980s 20th century pistol. However the XD is a much improved pistol for the 21st century.

I just have to throw this in... I saw it over at XDTalk.

[​IMG]

13. pills

pills Guest

What improvements would that be?

What LE agencies or military groups are using them?

14. Maverick

Maverick Guest

My above comment was more of a joke/ribbing in fun to a Glock guy.

yuk yuk yuk... :lol:

Truth is both are fine weapons and you cant go wrong when buying either.
    For me personally, I picked the Springfield XD over the Glock for the following reasons/"improvements".

Grip Angle (I'm a 1911 Guy and the XD points like a 1911)

Addition of a Grip Safety (maybe bit safer? especially when holstering)

Metal sights and Trigger instead of plastic

Fully supported chamber

The rifling of XD barrels is traditional, making them a tad more friendly to reloads and lead bullets than the polygonal rifling of the Glock

Guide Rod - metal instead of plastic

Loaded chamber and cocking indicator

Easier to field Strip

True ambi mag release

Cheaper than Glock (this is always a big factor)

Springfield's Lifetime Warranty (be it new or used.)

I can't comment on which LE Agency's are using XDs. I know there are some. I just don't know how many, or who.

Don't know about military groups either... :wink:

15. Ari

Ari Guest

Guns are like cars... One time long time ago getting a car with a hemi head was something. Though mopar tries to make it sound like a big deal today it is not a big deal... A hemi head is pretty common place now. Though the Glock was something very special at one time. Today most of the Glock featchers have been incorporated into many guns today... This does make the Glock any less of gun. It just means that it is not the stand out it used to be.

16. Don Perry

Don Perry Well-Known Member

the xd9 has a higher center to the bore than the Glock, and that will produce slightly more felt rcoil in the xd9. On the other hand, I like the feel of the xd9. choose what you like( what feels right), and tell us about it.

17. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Today is the day... Be sure to let us know what you brought home.

In the end it's your decision, and you will have to pick what you like best regardless of what we say.

Pay no attention to the subliminal message below...
    :wink:

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

18. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!! I know in the chat room last night Thay was talking XD all the way, so I am kinda curious as to what he decides on now.