more pics of SS JCP

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by maxymczak, Oct 15, 2007.

1. maxymczak

maxymczak Guest

basically it is brush painted with standard enamel model paint...(boltgun metal ) is the name of the paint....got it at a local hobby store....took me about 10-15 mins to paint....has now dried 24 hrs...seems ok to handling...not sure how it will stand up to cleaning or shooting....sorry pics are a little blurry....lighting was kinda dim...didnt wanna use flash...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. invictus82

invictus82 Guest

That looks fantastic. I've always been a fan of silver slides. I may have to look in to this. There's another guy, can't remember his screen name, that brushed off the black finish on his barrel. The result is a finely polished silver barrel and a black slide. I like it.

Please post results as to how yours stands up to shooting, cleaning, etc.

3. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good. It will be interesting to see how the paint will hold up to gun cleaners though.

4. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

That was either 1inthechamber or Rimfirehunter, I forget which, but I think it was 1;]That looks fantastic. I've always been a fan of silver slides. I may have to look in to this. There's another guy, can't remember his screen name, that brushed off the black finish on his barrel. The result is a finely polished silver barrel and a black slide. I like it.

Please post results as to how yours stands up to shooting, cleaning, etc.[/quote]

That was either 1inthechamber or Rimfirehunter, I forget which, but I think it was 1inthechamber.

5. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Looks good! I like Bi-Tone Pistols myself...

6. SamW

SamW Well-Known Member

Md
    Nice work. Looks good.

7. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Looks slick! I'm sticking with my "tactical black" though.

8. maxymczak

maxymczak Guest

will update as soon as possible

and thanx guys for all the positive comments....when i get my .45 i plan on painting it olive drab, with the black frame.....

9. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

I actually used fine grit sandpaper to 'polish' the barrel and slide.

Nice work Max. :)

10. That is really interesting. I prefer black myself, but I can see what you like about your pistols look :D

11. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

I agree with waltham,

Looks nice and very nice job,

I look forward to te olive drab however, I thiink that will stand out nicley.

12. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

I do like that two tone look. I may try something like that. I wonder if I could get a nickel finished paint then laquer it?

13. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Interesting look.

14. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Does gun kote make a color lke that? It would take some prep but the finish would be pretty much bullet proof

15. maxymczak

maxymczak Guest

finishes

i'm not sure but i have found some flat metallic engine paint that i will eventually redo it with.... this was just to see if i liked the looks...and i really do like 2 tone pistols....

16. This one was stripped and polished to mirror shine (not mine):

[​IMG]

17. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Well-Known Member

That was me, but I lost the photo.

18. elguapo

elguapo Guest

That sucks...but please try and take another pic, let us see it again, if you will. :)

19. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Well-Known Member

I only pollished my barrel because the paint was flacking off, but I'll take another picture.