Mosin Nagant M38

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by IndianasFinest, Nov 20, 2007.

1. IndianasFinest

IndianasFinest Well-Known Member

Well I have been on the hunt for a nice M38 Mosin for some time now. Between having a very hard time finding one in it's original stock without the bayonet groove and waiting for my C&R to go through I was about to give up. Until to today when I was on a test drive for work and happend to pass a newly open gun store :lol: The store is pretty small with limited supplies, but as I was lookin around what did I come across ?? I few very good looking M38 Mosins all in there original stocks for $99 each !!!! I know this post isn't worth very much without pictures, but until I get paid on Friday were all gonna have to wait.... :evil:

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Grab that joker up as soon as you can, they aren't going to last long at that price. Good find btw, just snag one while you have the chance.

3. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

no kidding. most m38's go for more than that. good find.

4. thekrnel

thekrnel Guest

i wish i had a good mosin. hell, i wish i HAD a mosin. it's near the top of the list.

5. I paid $80 at a gun show 6 months ago for an M38 in the true M38 stock...all number stamped match...100% metal and wood....had rust flakes in the barrel.

The kid who had it didn't understand about corrosive ammo....I took it home and cleaned the hell out of it...it wound up being a solid 90% barrel after I was done...must of been a 100% barrel before the kid fired it.

I love Mosins! Got 4 of them... 8)

6. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

Yea we found primal one and haggled it down real cheap cause we thought it was an m-44 (didnt know much about mosins then) and the guy selling it for a friend didnt know crap either. So we haggled..."bayo is missing...gonna cost $25 plus shipping just to get one" blah blah. Got it for a $75 OTD I believe since I had just bought my m44 from him for $100. That was a good day, especially for that crap hole towns pathetic gun shows, but they seem to be getting a liiiitttle better as he scored some cheap mags at the last one.

7. IndianasFinest

IndianasFinest Well-Known Member

Well here she is as promised.... All numbers matching 1944 M38

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sweet.

I would like to find a nice M38 stock to replace the one on my M38, which has the M44 stock on it.

9. Ari

Ari Guest

Nice! If I ever did another mosin it would be a m38

10. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member