My gun

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by rockcrawlerdude916, Oct 15, 2007.

1. here is a picture of my springfield xd9. this is one of many guns i own i though that i would try to post my first pic and this just happened to be the first one i ran in to.

[​IMG]

2. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Thats nice: I am planning on a XD for my next pistol purchase, problem is which caliber? I love that most of my pistols are .45ACP, but 9mm is so much easier to get...

BTW, whats that on your slide? Interesting color combo.

3. Kagern

Kagern Guest

Aye, nice piece. Did you mix a slide and frame from different color units, or is it painted?

4. Honestly I dont know why its mixed i found it on the used section in the pawn shop and could not pass it up for $400.

5. elguapo

elguapo Guest

For the price, and if everything that came from the factory was included, you got a deal.

Besides, if you want to change the color, ask Ari, the famed Duracoat advocate! :)

6. elguapo

Im a 9mm guy my self since thats all that my dad carried when he was a cop and I love all of my 9mm. I have a glock 19 and 17 and I like my xd much much better.

7. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Re: elguapo

Ari and Mr. Merriweather will chime in on your XD: They love them.

GM....well... :)

We all still like Hi-P;]Im a 9mm guy my self since thats all that my dad carried when he was a cop and I love all of my 9mm. I have a glock 19 and 17 and I like my xd much much better.[/quote]

Ari and Mr. Merriweather will chime in on your XD: They love them.

GM....well... :)

We all still like Hi-Points, right?

8. :D O i love my hi-point how can you go wrong? Im a pawn shop guy so 99% of my guns i have gotten from the pawn shop. But how can you go wrong with a 9mm for only $120 and a .380 for only $110?
    I just carry my xd as my side arm and my wife carrys the hi point 380. :D

9. Maverick

Maverick Guest

The XD is the new king of polymer pistols. Glock will have to go back to the drawing board in order to catch up. I recently purchased the XD-9 4" Service Model with night sights and love it!

10. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

Got mine a few months ago...... love it too!

Not quite as purdy as the one above..... :( but sweet as all get out. :D :D

11. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I've not seen one with a Tan slide before... I kinda like it...

12. Maverick do you know if it came this way or if it was painted? I got it from the pawn shop so i dont know.

13. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I may be wrong, but I believe it has been painted. I have never seen one before, and its not on Springfield's website or catalog.

You can download the XD catalog from here:
    http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php

The catalog shows black and stainless slides only. They do offer the frame in Black, OD Green and Tan with either of the two slides.

14. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I've never seen one with the tan slide either. It looks good though.

15. billybybose

billybybose Guest

I like the color.I just got a glock 19.Im used to glocks and I can shoot em.I was thinking of an xd cause there popular with my hipoint brothers but what gave the nod to the 19 was the 33rd mag.sweeeet!

16. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

17. Stryker1

Stryker1 Well-Known Member

Looking at at XD 45 compact! Cant wait to get it

18. Yeah Im just wondering how many of you have XD's and what caliber they are?

19. Ari

Ari Guest

Duracoat! LOL I have seen the rare earth color on the frame but not on the slide. But that was done tastefully ! I love my XD9 and I think it is a fine weapon

20. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

I've been wanting an XD-40 for about a year now. It will be my next handgun purchase.