My HP 40S&W Mod

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Maverick, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Here is some photo of my HP 40S&W where I sanded down the strip on the slide. Then I taped it up and hit it with some clear engine enamel to protect the exposed metal. I also added Butler Creek Grips to it...

I don't have it anymore as I have since sold it…

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mumbles

Mumbles Guest

You know, I kinda like that look.

3. andrew2411

andrew2411 Guest

Thats one of the best "looks" mods to these.

4. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

ok.......... enough.

that is too cool. After my 995 build, that ones next. I know you published your instructions and how you did it. BUT, guess what, our forum went BAMMMM! so I can't find them! :lol:

Can I ask for a repost please? :roll:

5. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Man that looks awesome. I might have to do something like that on my C9

6. Maverick

Maverick Guest

It was fairly easy to do.

I just started with 3M medium Aluminum oxide sandpaper then moved down to the 3M Aluminum oxide Fine to finish with. One thing I learned to do was to mask it with Blue Painters Tape. You don’t want to accidentally mess up the paint on the rest of the slide when sanding.

[​IMG]

Once I had it sanded to where I wanted it. I removed the tape to inspect it and wipe it down. Then I masked the whole pistol in Blue Painters Tape except for the raised sanded section on the slide. Then I hit it with a few light coats of Dupli-Color Clear Engine Enamel to give it a protective covering. Once that side dried, I masked off the other side of the pistol and did the same...

[​IMG]

7. Stryker1

Stryker1 Well-Known Member

Looks good. Just not my style... But it does look good!

8. I have been toying with the idea of doing this so my JHP will match my Cf-380.

9. You sold it???? BUMMER!!!!!! :shock:

10. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Its an easy mod to do, so I say go for it. Just post some pics of it when you do!

I had thought about polishing mine to a mirror shine prior to putting the clear coat on. I just didn't want to spend the $15 on the polishing Dremel kit. So I just left it with a brushed metal look and cleared that.

11. Thats understandable, if you do not like something, there is no sense in keeping it. I hope you found good homes for them :wink:

12. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Even if it's a safe queen, keep those guns! You never know when you'll need an extra laying around for a BUG.

13. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Just doing a little weeding. Have to keep the collection under control. To get new stuff anymore, something else has to go...

14. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Not in my house!!! My wife actually asked me if I was ever gonna sell any of my guns..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

AH....... NO!

15. If my wife asked me that, I would suspect drug use. You might needto send her to the doctor and find out whats wrong with her.

16. I like it for its own sake, but...

... that's an even better reason to go for it! If you do this, post pictures of your matching set!

17. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Thank's
    I have been putting off buying a .40S&W Hi-Point for about a year, I'll be ordering one tomorrow and doing your make-over the day I get it..

18. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Wow, Thanks GlockMan.

Be sure to post some photos of that bad boy when you do...

19. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

I'll be picking up my gun in a week.