My kingdom for a CCW license!

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by eqfan592, Oct 19, 2007.

1. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I love my job, other times not so much. This is one of those other times. As some of you may know, I work in the Quality Assurance department of a call center. Well, somebody wasn't doing their job well, and now that person blames me for the fact that he got canned. He also apparently made some sort of veiled threat, and my manager says she wasn't sure if it was in regards to me personally or to the fact that he was about to have a total spaz attack in the middle of the call center.

Now, I'm a pretty big guy mind you, but the fact of the matter is that if some self proclaimed ex-car thief/drug dealer is gunning for me now because he thinks I just cost him his job, I wouldn't mind a little extra protection, so for the first time in my life, I actually wish I had a concealed weapon.

The guy is probably all talk, so I doubt anything will actually come of it, but I will be keeping a close eye out just the same.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent a bit :)

2. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

Where do you live, No CCW's in your area?

3. eqfan592

I live in the greater Milwaukee area, and no CCW here as of right now.

4. elguapo

elguapo Guest

That sucks. I am taking my CCW class tommorrow.

5. Any other options like pepper spray or a taser?

6. eqfan592

Yeah, there are a few other non-firearms options that I will be looking into (though I don't believe taser's are legal here either). Basically it's my best bet. Though like I said, I seriously doubt the guy is serious about anything, but it never hurts to be careful.

7. With all of the nuts in the world today, I would take every threat seriously.

You just never know which one is blowing hot air, and which one is for real.

8. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

agree....... Kimber has a new pepper spray sort of device that's getting lots of press, you may want to take a look at that, and it's about $50.

You take care, and keep alert!

9. eqfan592

Is this the device you are talking about?

http://www.botachtactical.com/kiguan.html

It does look very handy, and the price sure is right too!

Thanks for the tip :D

10. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Be careful, man!

11. neothespian

neothespian Well-Known Member

Yep, Tasers and stun guns are illegal in Wisconsin. Found that out the hard way when I was leaving Milwaukee to head back to Phoenix on 9/12/01 and they were doing bag checks....had one of those cheap 500k volt hand tasers and boy that was not a happy place to be:(

Learned my lesson

12. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Did you get the rubber glove treatment?

13. billybybose

billybybose Guest

Stay alert man but dont worry overmuch.Car theives and dope dealers dont usually work at call centers.Still you never know.

14. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the one... you stay safe, man!

15. eqfan592

Actually, we have a couple of people at our call center who did....we'll say questionable....things in the past and are trying to get their stuff together now. In fact, one of those people are the best rep we have over all!

But yeah, they guy could have been a lot of talk too.

I'll just make sure to keep my eyes open. Not much I can do beyond that :) And I think I'll pick up a couple of those Guardian Angels too.

16. billybybose

billybybose Guest

Thats true Eqfan.Some people change for the better.

17. mjpatrick

mjpatrick Guest

give me his address, i will take care of him. we hi-pointers are tight.

18. Thats true, but usually they are not the ones that threaten people and such. :shock:

19. thekrnel

thekrnel Guest

i live in the se wisconsin area also. my wife goes to school at uwm and that area has been getting worse and worse. i just got her some fogging bear spray (i also got the spray releiver, she is a woman after all. Just kidding i swear.) i would realy like her to carry,but no ccw here. i also pick her up alot from class at night. i wouldnt mind a ccw then. people are sketchy.

20. eqfan592

Oh yeah, the UWM area has certainly gotten worse the last few years. I used to go there myself and will be again in the not too distant future. Part of the problem is that all the crime and nastiness that takes place across the river (formally restricted to the area west of River West, but now moving into that area as well) is spilling over into the UWM area. That and the fact that a lot of the kids that live in that area are just real punks.

Hopefully we'll get CCW here in the not too distant future.