My new 995 paint job

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by NeWcS, Nov 25, 2007.

1. NeWcS

NeWcS Guest

Just finished painting my 995. Turned out exactly the way I wanted it to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone like it or not???

-Jay

2. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

I dislike it. but your work is not the prob. It is the color I think. Just something about it off. Of Course I should not complain at all. You did a great job on it from what I can tell. And heck WHat have I done right.

Any way I think it is just the fact that I am a black or at least dark colored gun guy.

It does look good in fact the more I look at it the better it appears. But still red. LOL

Good job man.

3. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

4. Fenix

Fenix Guest

I'm neutral on it. What I'm wondering is HOW you did it, tutorial please :D

5. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

that looks cool. i might do my .45ACP like that.

6. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

It appears to need another Coat. But I am not looking at it in person. Still looks good just the wrong color. LOL

I have no Idea what color I would like so just keep in mind you have done a first as far as I know.

7. Okay, I like it. I wouldn't paint mine that way, but I think it looks cool. For me, I'd be more likely to consider a desert camo theme.

But, please include an explanation of what/how you did your mod. Thanks. 8)

8. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

I appreciate the work you put into it, but its not my personal taste...I just prefer the evil wet politicians panties black...

9. stremph

stremph Guest

[​IMG]

Kidding aside, it is pretty sharp-looking. Any reason you left the manufacturer markings unpainted? I think it'd look cool to paint that part red too and fill in the letters and the logo in black.

10. Bushman98

Bushman98 Well-Known Member

I like it. Maybe do something with the unpainted square on the left side.

11. NeWcS

NeWcS Guest

Kinda a respect thing I guess. Didn't want to deface the good hi-point name.

Thanks for the reply's. A mixed bag as I expected.

-Jay

12. MalcolmStone

MalcolmStone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd fill in that blank square and then crayon the lettering in black. I'd also paint some of the stock. Tape off some of the recessed parts and paint those red too but leave the stock mostly black. It'd give it some contrast on the stock but match the other red parts at the same time.

I like it as it is, but that's what I'd do. Good job. What'd you use?

Tom

13. NeWcS

NeWcS Guest

i JUST USED some rustolium spray paint.

It was a fun little project

-Jay

14. stremph

stremph Guest

Dang. That'd actually look pretty cool, with the fake-buttpad at the end of the stock being painted red also. Just give it some symmetry.

15. DaSOB

DaSOB Guest

My philosophy is that a gun owner can chrome plate the thing and spray paint the stock electric purple if they want to. I probably wouldn't opt to paint my 4095 red, but I do have to give credit for a job well done.

16. To each their own, my wife once had a pink pistol. Not my cup of tea, but not my weapon either.

Enjoy! :D

17. browwiw

browwiw Well-Known Member

That does look nice. I've been thinking about painting my receiver shroud to help control rust and corrosion. I'm not as adventurous as you, so I will probably just go with matte black or clear coat.

18. pistolerowe

pistolerowe Guest

nice job. cant get mixed up with others

19. i think I would dig it better, if it was part of a camo design with a combo of grey, black, and red.

20. Its unique, and looks like you did a good job on it. Flashy colors aren't my thing, I usually use earth tones or camo, but if you like it that all thats counts right?