My wife says.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by rockcrawlerdude916, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Well my wife says that Im gun nuts and she might be right I was just wondering if any of you out there had heard this from their serificant other? She says that my gun collection which is nearing 25 different pieces has gotten a little out of control.

2. mjd932

mjd932 Active Member

My wife is generally supportive, but she really can't understand why I have/want/need so many.

3. BEs-C9

BEs-C9 Guest

mine asked me why i need so many when i can only use a couple at a time. so i asked he why she needs so many pairs of shoes...when she can only wear one;]My wife is generally supportive, but she really can't understand why I have/want/need so many.[/quote]

mine asked me why i need so many when i can only use a couple at a time. so i asked he why she needs so many pairs of shoes...when she can only wear one at a time...

4. andrew2411

andrew2411 Guest

her favorite thing is why do you need another one you just got one a couple months ago or we already have x number in the house.

5. Space

Space Well-Known Member

NH
    I don't ask to see what's in the packages from QVC and she doesn't look in my gun safe....er...safes.

6. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

My wife says the same thing. Hopefully soon I'll have enough that I can hide one for a few months and when I finally bring it out I'll have plausible deniability...."Oh, this old thing? I've had this thing for years!!!;]her favorite thing is why do you need another one you just got one a couple months ago or we already have x number in the house.[/quote]

My wife says the same thing. Hopefully soon I'll have enough that I can hide one for a few months and when I finally bring it out I'll have plausible deniability...."Oh, this old thing? I've had this thing for years!!!" :p :wink:

7. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

I just a got a new gun today. At the same time I got my wife a new pair of shoes and a little bluetooth earpiece thingy for her cell.

Yes. She thinks I'm gun-nutty too. She doesn't understand why i need more than one gun. I tell her I don't need several guns. I just want them. She can't argue much with that. But she is really understanding. Also, this newest gun is also for "her" to use.

Everybody that knows me thinks I've gone gun-nuts. My wife understands me though becauser I also have 50 or so pieces of cutlery hanging on the man cave wall. She's used to it. As long as I keep the bills paid.

8. MidNight Rider

MidNight Rider Active Member

Texas
    yeap, been there done that, i was told i was sick in public one time! was at an auction in South Carolina. bought a nice M91/30, no problem i collect them. then the very next week they had an SKS, bidded on that and got it for $90, when the auctioneer said sold and i held up my number, from my left side i heard real louds and so did the whole building "Your Sick", what did i do? nothing but admire my new toy! that's been over 20 rifles ago. now when i come home all i hear is "another box came today" i knew she would give in :D :D :D

9. Ari

Ari Guest

No problem from my old lady! Only concern is how much I spend at one time...

10. I got a lot of grief last winter from my ex-girlfriend. It was a balmy ten degrees outside and a freshly-fallen snow and for some reason, a "good boyfriend" would rather stay in and watch The Notebook than go deer hunting. Let me tell you, the deer sure were moving that day! Notice how I said "ex"... :p

11. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Brad Paisely song... "I'm gonna miss her..." :wink:

12. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

My better half is taking things pretty well in stride I think. I'm just getting into gun collecting, and I doubt that my collection will rival some of the others I've seen on here, but I wouldn't mind having around 10, it's just going to have to be stretched out over the years. She DOES want to get a handgun and go shooting sometime. I think after that she might be a bit more into it then :) We'll see.

13. Stryker1

Stryker1 Well-Known Member

Mine just wants to shoot them lol.

14. Aint that the most true statment I ha;]
    mine asked me why i need so many when i can only use a couple at a time. so i asked he why she needs so many pairs of shoes...when she can only wear one at a time...[/quote]
    Aint that the most tr;]My wife is generally supportive, but she really can't understand why I have/want/need so many.[/quote]

mine asked me why i need so many when i can only use a couple at a time. so i asked he why she needs so many pairs of shoes...when she can only wear one at a time...[/quote]
    Aint that the most true statment I ha;]
    mine asked me why i need so many when i can only use a couple at a time. so i asked he why she needs so many pairs of shoes...when she can only wear one at a time..;]My wife is generally supportive, but she really can't understand why I have/want/need so many.[/quote]

Aint that the most tr;]My wife is generally supportive, but she really can't understand why I have/want/need so many.[/quote]

mine asked me why i need so many when i can only use a couple at a time. so i asked he why she needs so many pairs of shoes...when she can ;]My wife is generally supportive, but she really can't understand why I have/want/need so many.[/quote]

mine asked me why i need so many when i can only use a couple at a time. so i asked he why she needs so many pairs of shoes...when she can only wear one at a time..;]My wife is generally supportive, but she really can't understand why I have/want/need so many.[/quote]

mine asked me why i need so many when i can only use a couple at a time. so i asked he why she needs so many pairs of shoes...when she can ;]My wife is generally supportive, but she really can't understand why I have/want/need so many.[/quote]

Aint that the most true statment I have ever heard

15. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

My wife likes to shoot too... She was the one who suggested my most recent purchase of a Remington 870 ;)

16. Okay, here goes.

I have been wanting to get into guns for a long time but never had the money for it or just having young kids around didn't make me feel comfortable.

Fast forward to about 2 1/2 years ago. I was just starting to get into guns. I bought a simple 22 Marlin from a fun show and was pleased and then my buddy showed me AK47s and the abilty to build one.

I was all gung ho and about to buy the kits and build one when my wife was struck down with a massive brain injury. She is doing okay now but that year was a really touch and go year.

So last January my buddy takes us to the big fun show of the year.

I end up buying a receiver for an AK47 and that was the start of my little meager collection.

I built that AK. It still is my favorite AK of my currenlty built ones (a Yugo underfolder with a new barrel.)

Well that led to buying more kits.

I currently have 4 built AK47s with about 13 or 15 kits waiting in the wings.

I got an SKS after I got 2 of my kits built.

Then I got my Hipoint carbine and 2 hipoint pistols.

After I got the hipoints, I started to really enjoy handguns.

I then bought a CZ52.

THen I ended up getting a pair of 357 revolvers and some other handguns.

I recently got a GLock 17 (not my favorite gun) and a Sig in 40s/w (my favorite handgun).

I think I have about 8-10 handguns, 4 AK47s, SKS, ROmak 3 (PSL), Saiga 12 shotgun, couple of 22s, hipoint carbine, and a few more rifles that I can't think of.

Oh yeah, my Mosins.

Then I got into reloading. I currently have a DIllon press in 3 calibers and a single stage rcbs and I want to get a Dillon 650 sooner or later.

I also have several thousand rounds of ammo. I'm guessing around 10,000+ in various calibers and cases.

Funny thing about all this? I think that my wife's brain injury makes it easy for me to amortize a new gun into the collection. "OH that old thing? I haven't shot that in a while. Just deicded to take it out for a spin" while referring to the brand new gun.

Really sad thing about all this is that my collection is almost purely less than 10 months old. Thats scarey.

17. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

13 unbuilt AKs? Yes, you ARE sick...

18. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I am not married...but I still get the "You want another one?" question....

I just grin and walk away, asking myself why I tell people... :)