Neothespian vs. Porcelan Bathtub...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by neothespian, Nov 21, 2007.

1. neothespian

neothespian Well-Known Member

Guess who won?

Was on a lifttruck trying to pull a bathtub off of the top of one of our racks, and I found out that porcelan is ALOT heavier than it looks, and likes to fall when you don't have a good grip on it. I DID grab it enough to stop it from falling and crushing a couple of associates who were stupid enough to be in the same aisle I was, but there was a downside...

Long story short: Typing with a dislocated shoulder sucks.

No shooting for a few weeks it seems.

2. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Ouch man! Good save on keeping your associates from getting crushed, but sorry to hear that your shoulder got messed up. Get well buddy :)

3. .40cal_in_Idaho

.40cal_in_Idaho Well-Known Member

Not rifles/carbines anyway. You could shoot handguns with your uninjured side.

Heal well and quickly. Your toys miss you already...

4. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

Workman's Comp I hope?

5. .45acp

.45acp Well-Known Member

Dang Neo, I sure am glad you live on the other side of the country with you being so accident and injury prone.
    Send a postcard but PLEASE don't visit.

JK, Hope it heals up quickly.

6. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

LAWSUIT!!!! J/K Neo, get better soon! You're M44 can't go more than 2 weeks without shooting her.... Remember Gremlins? Multiply that X 1000000000000000000 and you still don't even come close.... :shock:

Thing is, it turns into a 4000 pound russian woman that drinks 500 gallons of Vodka a day... IT'S HORRIBLE!!! YOU DON'T NEED TO SEE IT!!!!!

Get better soon buddy!

7. billybybose

billybybose Guest

Don't worry bout Neo,those young guys heal in about 20 minutes.Hang in there bro.

8. MalcolmStone

MalcolmStone Well-Known Member

So first a moped and now a bathtub. If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. :D

J/K. Hope your shoulder heals up okay, just don't go shooting any Mosin's for a while.

Tom

9. neothespian

It was a SCOOTER, not a moped! :p

As far as work is concerned, the bulk of my job has actually turned towards sales and managing the staff in the department I am in, with out the pay of a manager. So, all I need to do is grumble and type and I shouldn't have to miss any work at all. All I need to do is not us the shoulder and not operate any heavy equipment for at least 4 weeks.

And as far as the other co workers are concerned, they were NOT suppsoed to be in the same aisle while I was operating equipment. They were just in a hurry because all the items we were pulling were for one contractor's 10 grand order and they wanted to get it out fast. Luckily the space between the rack and the lift wasn't big enough for the entire tub to slide past too fast.

10. Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

Glad you didnt let ppl die neo and you half OK. ;)

11. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

What, no photos? Disapointed! What is the difference between a scooter and a moped?

12. Buckeye

Buckeye Well-Known Member

Sound's like Neo is moonlighting at Home Depot :shock: Writer's strike get you down also?

13. neothespian

Not allowed to bring cameras or cameraphones into a certain orange box store. There really isn't any gore other than me being grumpy in a sling.

As far as a "difference"....there's quite a bit. Americans are the ONLY people I've ever met who call every small bike a moped.

A moped has:
    -49.5 cc motor and smaller
    -PEDALS
    -Top speed of no greater than 30mph

A scooter has:
    -Motors varying from 50cc to 800cc
    -Drivetrains located underneath and behind the rider
    -Top speeds of 30 to 140mph
    -Electric or kickstart like "regular" motorcycles.

Without pedals, it's not a moped. BUT, a scooter is classified as a motorcycle.

Other states get even weirder with the laws....

14. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Well-Known Member

Dislocations stink! Ive broken several bones but nothing yet compares to a dislocated joint. Your in for years and years and years of nagging pain. I hope you got it back into place quick enough to prevent any necrosis. Good luck w/ your shoulder.

15. minidriver

minidriver Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Neo,,,, but as already posted,,,,,, if not bad then none at all ;) As far the the scooter moped thing,,,,,,, yeah,, no bicycle pedals equals scooter. But as far as weird state laws,,,,, here in Mo,,, less than or equal to 49cc discplacement means scooter that requires no license plate or motorcyle endorsement on operators license. Just hop on it and go. Over 49cc and you need the motorcycle endorsement on your operators license. I used to work for a shop that sold and serviced a bunch of chinese knockoffs of japanese scooters and can say that scooters are fun,,,,,, as long as you stay off faster roads like interstates. I think about getting one every year in the spring but the 40 to 45 mpg my 4 seat Mini gets me changes my mind after every rain and of course when it turns cold. I have been a bike nut for years and years. Currently working on a 75 Triumph Bonneville 750.... I still miss my Hurricane 1000 everyday,,,, but money was needed when I sold it,,,, bla bla bla.
    Hope you get better soon.

16. Decoligny

Decoligny Member

Not only that, but she's feeling frisky!!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.

17. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

18. I dislocated my shoulder back in my military days, doc said to wear a sling for two weeks, it quit hurting so bad after a week so I got rid of the sling.

Long story short, LISTEN TO THE DOC I still have pain in my shoulder from that fall and its been well over 20 years :shock:

19. neothespian

Dude...give scooters a shot. Most 150cc's run to about 55 to 65mph, and my Vespa GTS250 tops about 80mph, and there's far faster scooters out there that aren't too big. Plenty of power for the freeways and my GTS is still fairly small compared to a Bonnie (a bit bigger than a 150 scoot, but I've ridden everything from Harleys to Vintage Hondas.)

I say give the 250 class scoots a shot and you'll find it giving your mini a run for it's money in the daily driver spot. It's like heroin man...worse than riding a Norton.

20. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Take care of yourself Neo. If you're going to wrestle porcelin, do it in mud. Maybe you can get a reality TV spot that way!!! HA ha ha. hang in there, buddy! :D