New 995

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Cperry, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Cperry

Cperry Guest

I picked up my new 995 camo the other day came with 2 extra mags and a sling. I couldnt get the black from my local gun shop they said their supplier was out. I really liked the look of the gun, it was the first time i had seen one in person. i spent about an hour at he shop looking it over, i know as soon as i got home it would not be seen again until Christmas since it is a present from my wife. and sure enough when i got home it was put up.
    i also have a 9comp ordered it has not came in yet though.
    Man i can't wait until Christmas :D [/list]

2. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

Awsome score's with the Comp 9 and the 995. As for waiting good luck, try maby Nyquil or Tylenol PM. lol

any way welcome to the forum

3. SamW

SamW Well-Known Member

Md
    Good on you. Glad you got one.

4. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Glad you got the gun and welcome to the forum.

5. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Congrats! Sounds like you have a very cool wife.

My wife is great and tolerates my firearm collection. However, I know if I got my wife a gun for Christmas she would probably use it on me! It would go over like me getting her that new drill press or circular saw. :lol:

6. Cperry

Cperry Guest

Maverick, saw you were in ky also, where about? i am in georgetown right now getting ready to move back to eastern ky in nov. then i will be able to shoot any time i want to, all i will have to do is open my back door and start firing away.

7. unclerob

unclerob Member

Congrats on the new 995. You are gonna have some big fun, come Christmas. Maybe Santa will fill your stocking with ammo!

Welcome.

8. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I'm in a small town in Western Kentucky, just outside of Owensboro.

9. Grizzfan

Grizzfan Well-Known Member

I also picked up my 995 the other day and it only had one mag. Do you think I should ask the dealer about the "shortage" or is one mag correct?

Thanks

10. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new toy! Mine came with one mag as I think that's the norm.

If your wife is anything like my mom was when I was young - DO NOT TOUCH THAT GUN TILL CHRISTMAS!!! We touched a toy once before Christmas and Mom made us wait a YEAR, gave it to us the following Christmas. Be afraid, be very afraid. :lol:

11. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Nope, 1 mag is standard. They used to come with 2 mags, but haven't for years.

12. Maverick

Maverick Guest

13. SCREAMIII2007

SCREAMIII2007 Active Member

995 hard to get

When I picked my 995,NIB, up there was no mag in it!
    The dealer guessed that someone looked at the gun and took it when he wasn't looking.[This is south Florida afterall]
    So he gave me an extra one,for my trouble 2 days later.
    I wanted to shoot it the day I got it so I found a shop that near my range that had one mag in stock.
    So now I have three mags.