New firing pin assembly

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Jokey, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Jokey

Jokey Guest

I have been getting some light strikes on my used C9 over the past couple of months. Initially I decided to stretch out the firing pin spring. That worked fine for a few hundred rounds. When the problem resurfaced again in the last two weeks I called Beemiller.

All that it cost me was I was required to give them the serial number of my weapon.

The tech person said that she was going to ship a new spring and firing pin, she was insistant that I change the pin as well.

At first glance the only difference was that the new spring was 45 mm long and my old spring was only 41 mm long.

I carefully inspected the firing pin and the new one had a much shorter radius on the striking end of it. The old one had a flatter radius on the end of it. My guess is that the new design penetrates the primer deeper.

Your Jokey

2. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

Right at the 1200rd mark I had to replace my C9 firing pin spring and pin as well.

I tried to "order" a few extra springs, but they would not sell them and would only send out a single spring, firing pin and spring guides as a replacement. I prefer having a few spares on hand and dont mind paying for them either.

rimfirehunter

3. The firing pin is the only real flaw that I see in the hi point weapons, as it is used for ejection, it is eventually going to bend.

I have taken a bent pin and straightned it out with a small hammer and used it until its replacement arrived, but once they bend they seem to want to bend faster after straightning

I was lucky to talk to someone that understood that I wanted 2 firing pin sets for all of my hi point weapons in case gun laws got strict and I would have trouble getting them.

They sent me out extra sets for all of my hi point weapons.