New Hi-Point owner

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Srben, Nov 21, 2007.

1. I finally bought a 9mm Hi-Point from a local range while waiting for some friends to show up. While I was at the range, I had access to both of my Glocks, several aftermarket barrels for my Glocks (9mm, .357 Sig, .40), a friend's Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm, and a bunch of other guns. There were so many different guns and calibers, I had a great comparison for the new gun. I have to say that I was very impressed with the Hi-Point. It was at least as accurate as the Beretta. I did a side-by-side comparison, and the Hi-Point did even better than the more expensive gun. The only real peeve I had was with the magazines 10 rd. capacity, but even then, they loaded the same as the Beretta's. The gun will take a little break-in, I assume, to get to like hollow point ammo. I paid $200 o.t.d. for a 9mm, case, and an extra magazine. I've got the Fobus on back-order, but I have to say that I'm very happy (and impressed) so far.

2. .40cal_in_Idaho

.40cal_in_Idaho Well-Known Member

Sweet! Glad you like the C9. Mine works very well, and it only gets better. If you do experience any issues, there are many here who can help you out. If not, you can always get in contact with the manufacturer (best warranty in the business).

3. Welcome to the forum. glad to hear that you enjoy your new pistol, you really ought to think about buying a 995 9mm carbine to go along with it, they are even more fun to shoot :D

4. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

Srben,

Congrats on the C9, you will enjoy it, and welcome to the forum.

rimfirehunter

5. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

That's the way to buy a Hi-Point!!! Get it out on the range, compare it to other guns 4-5x it's price and let that Lovely Lady shine!!!

Way to go, and welcome to the forum!

6. PrimalSeal

[​IMG]

Thanks for the reminder .40cal!!!!

LOL!! Just an initiation that we give our new members that don't post pictures of their toys.... 8)

7. Ari

Ari Guest

8. 1knight

1knight Well-Known Member

Congrats and welcome and please post pics soon of the c9 as a fellow c9 owner I love to see others with my babys bros and sisters. 8)

9. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

hi there, welcome to the fold!

10. thekrnel

thekrnel Guest

i converted a guy at the range yesterday. he shot my c9 and my 995 and was leaving to right to dunhams for a 995.

11. JasonJ

JasonJ Well-Known Member

well yeah! for the price.. cant be beat really. even if you have many $500 guns.. if you can get a fun gun for $150 tha works.

12. I'll post pics when I get the chance. I don't know why I get such a kick out of this gun. I enjoyed it more than the P229, G22, PX4, or the 1911. Is the cheap price what makes it tickle me so much? I love the way the gun feels, shoots, and yes, even the way it looks. I'm really happy with my purchase.

13. ronco52

ronco52 Well-Known Member

He's right thats the way to buy your guns.
    Welcome aboard new Hi Point owner!!!!

14. Welcome I know that you will get many years of enjoyment out of your HP they are great guns.

15. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

Congrats

I hope you get many hours of joy out of firing your new C9 at the local range. You'll find it will stand side by side to the expensive counter parts. After it's broke in you'll love the accuracy. :D

16. PrimalSeal

Even AR-15's NIB need to be "Shot In" according to Ari, our esteemed Moderator. I remember discussing with him a trip to the range after he and a friend "shot in" the newly built AR his friend had aquired....

And people make fun of Hi-Points because of the break in period.... Weird...