New Mini 14

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by z71silverado98, Nov 17, 2007.

1. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Well-Known Member

Just met Uncle Jerky today to purchase my new (to me) mini 14. Uncle Jerky is a great guy and his wife is friendly too! She stitched me an awesome patch that im gonna sew to the sling of my new rifle. Hope he doesnt experience too much sellers remorse.

Actually Uncle Jerky was such a nice guy that he tried to just give me the rifle w/out taking any cash for it.

Keep Gunny at bay. Batteries are dead in the camera so ill pick up some fresh ones tomorrow and post some pics.

2. patriot2980

patriot2980 Well-Known Member

Aw, dude. I'm so jealous right now! I've been waiting for a good decent Mini-14 (that I can afford at the moment) to come around and i'm still waiting. But seriously, congrats on the purchase.

3. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

Very cool man. Wanna see the mini and the patch.

4. z71silverado98

He gave me a great price maybe a month ago, when i contacted him about it last week he said he had recieved a new barrel shroud and muzzle break but would stick to the original terms.

$395
    The rifle is in great condition came w/ box and all paperwork
    200rnds through the pipe.

Plus:

Ruger 5rnd Mag
    Tapco 20rnd Mag
    Tasco 3-9 Scope
    Muzzle Break
    Barrel Shroud
    Sling.

Found some batteries for the camera but its busted so ill snap some cell phone pictures and post 'em in a few minutes

5. patriot2980

Thats freakin sweet man. Good price too.
    By all means post pics!

6. Taurus357

Wow, that's a deal if I ever heard one. Funny thing is I was just eye ballin one, for a good bit more then that too.

Edit: F5....F5...where are those pics...F5....F5....F5....

7. z71silverado98

this rifle is in great condition.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the "accidental feet in the photo", photo
    [​IMG]

and the patch
    [​IMG]

Im gonna try and have it arranged on the sling as:

Ruger Mini 14
    Ranch Rifle

8. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

:shock: SHAT you got all that for less than 400$ :shock:

:x I was going to say I hate you but the trueth is I am just jeaulous. :evil:

Green with envy. Daaaaaaaa,.,.,.,

Good for ya. Sweat little beast there.

I dont think i like the pic idea any more. YOU KNOW HOW bout a wait a week for it to settle in to post pics. :p

9. Taurus357

Lucky SOB, I want one now.

10. patriot2980

Curse my misfortunes! How is it I never fall bass ackwards into a great deal like that?
    Beautiful gun, man. Absolutely beautiful.

11. z71silverado98

yeah and here i was waiting nearly a month to follow up on it. :roll:
    Ill give a range report tomorrow and hopefully fix or find a new camera before my 995 arrives.

12. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

ROTFLMFAO!!! z71, dude, you ROCK!

Good price, nice rifle and a great sense of humor. Awesome stuff....

13. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Cool! Great gun. BTW, if u need a coupon for a free pedicure, I can get u one. :lol:

14. Taurus357

Looks like he needs a toe alignment first. Someone pass the vice grips...

15. z71silverado98

you're all just jealous of my sexy feet.

16. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Hey, nice rifle there man, and what a heck of a deal!! :D

17. Nice toes :) I love my mini 14 I think that they are a great rifle. I got just my rifle for $350 so I would say that you did really good bro! :p :p Have fun with it.

18. z71silverado98

Took it out this Sun and put about 150rnds through it. its interesting that the Promag works just fine for this rifle but is crap in the hipoints.

Ive read that they arent quite so accurate, but it was fine for my taste. w/ a bipod @ 50yds i was able to produce groups the size of a quarter. Standing No bipod wasnt so great but i could keep it on a 8.5x11 sheet.

Rifle functioned flawlessly, but Ive got 1 problem. The after the first shot my girlfriend took she looked up at me and just said "MINE!" Looks like ill be fightin over this one just like my Taurus 357. Doesnt bother me one bit because that means she'll practice w/ it more. Which means 1 more firearm I can count on to hit its mark if needed.

I was surprised by how light the recoil on the .223 really was. We laughed when opened the first box. "Ohhh they are so cute!" she said, as we are used to size of the 7.62.

I could shoot this thing all day long w/ no discomfort or bruising, I cant say the same for the AK.

Looks like a keeper! Great little rifle!

19. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

The promags i had for my old mini were junk. The opnly mags i got to function well were eagle poly mags or factory ruger.

SW