Nitesiters

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Voyager Al, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Voyager Al

Voyager Al Active Member

I have been coresponding with Dave at nitesiters. He sent me the nitesiters kit. Worked well, but it leaves the front unseeable! I sent him dimensions of the 9 and 45 front site well, which is .065 X .192.
    Someone with a 40 measure theres, and see if the above size will fit?
    He will special make me a set, but i feel alot of you would benefit from a kit, also. maybe email him and let him know of your interest he can be reached at dave at nitesiters dot com
    Tell him AL sent ya

2. ab4ka

ab4ka Guest

Looks like it's worth trying out. I have several guns I'd like to put them on (my Hi-Point isn't one of them), primarily my Taurus PT145 since it's my carry gun. For $10 it's worth a shot! I purchased a kit a long time ago from Makarov.com that came with dots for the rear sights and a strip that you cut to fit the front sight and it worked real well. This seems similar.

3. unclerob

unclerob Member

Saw these at a gun show this last weekend. The company is local.
    I thought they would be good for weapon location in the dark, if nothing else.
    There were 8 dots to a package. The guy charged them for a few seconds with his little ultra-v light, that they also sell, and they were really bright.
    He wore one on his wedding ring for a couple weeks to see how long they would stay stuck.
    He said he could easily see his ring when he woke in the pre-dawn hours.

4. Nitesiter

Nitesiter Guest

Heya folks..

I had great time at the gunshow. It was my first ever and I had a great response. I was originally going to have my wife all dolled up to get the folks to come over to the table, but instead had my daughter.. hehe.. Ahh well.. seemed I had a good buzz anyways. Had a couple of the Ter-Mark folks buy some and about 6 vendors.

I was actually looking at purchasing a Hi-point 9mm at from the vendor 2 stalls down. I have an idea of what the from sights look like and now have the measurements from Al and would be happy to include a custom strip for the front sights on Hi-point guns. Im not sure how to work out filling those custom orders other than just shooting me an email and I can send you a paypal bill. That way i'd know it's a custom order as opposed to the regular she-bang.

Thats the first and only thing i've seen similar to mine from makarov. I thought i researched it out the wazoo! There was nothing when i did the patent search so I think it may be something they just threw together. If you do end up getting some, let me know how they compare to the makarov ones.

Have a good one and good shooting to ya,

Dave Presley
    Nitesiters

5. Nitesiter

Nitesiter Guest

OH! Al, so how does it leave the front sight unseeable? I dont remember the hi-point i was looking at having that kind of issue. If you could take a quick photo of it and send it to me I would be SO grateful.

Thanks!

Dave Presley
    Nitesiters

6. Voyager Al

Voyager Al Active Member

Not that its unseeable, in the day, but in a shooting range, the front doesnt light up like the rear, with your nitesiters on it. Go ahead and do my set, and send me a Paypal bill. I'm pumped!

7. Nitesiter

Nitesiter Guest

Okay bud.. it's done. You should receive them in 2 to 5 days depending on where you're at.

I made them with 4 of the 1/16 inch dots and two of the strips (for the front sight) around the measurement you gave me. So are the front sights on hi-points different calibers, different sizes? Maybe I should just make it as big as the biggest one so it can be cut down? Im not sure... any ideas?

At any rate, let me know whatcha think.

Good times and happy shooting,

Dave Presley
    Nitesiters

8. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

Maybe you should send the first 20 of us a few years of free samples so we can evaluate them! :lol:

[ I'm gonna give them a shot; I'll order off the website. ]

9. Nitesiter

Nitesiter Guest

hehe... One set will last you years.. :) Do you want the dot set or the one cut out for the hi-point front sight?

Dave Presley
    Nitesiter

10. Newskate9

I think I ordered the dot set??? I'll start there as my primary carry is an M&P, and my first home defense toy in an XD. After my own exhaustive evaluation, I'll order more! :D :D

Another idea...... Benny, a good friend and supplier to our little coffee clatch here offers discounts from time to time. Perhaps a package deal with a discount - normal set, plus some HP stuff for 1.5 the price, or something like that. I'll bet you'd do rather well once all the reviews from the forum are in. You'll notice we communicate very well here, and support the heck out of each other.

11. perldog007

perldog007 Guest

Al,

The factory has informed me that the dimensions for the .40 and .45 are identical, only the hole in the pipe is different.

I went ahead and ordered the dot set and the UV flashlight. can't wait to try them out. If they work, SHAZAAM!

12. Voyager Al

Voyager Al Active Member

I recieved them today. Dave, the slots were almost perfect. The smaller ones i just trimmed a scosch off the length, and the lil fatter ones i used an exacto and trimmed a bit from the length and width. The leftover pieces i can use as square dots on other pistols I have. Front site aquisition is now fast! These will improve my indoor target shooting tremendously. i tried to get a pic, but on macro, my camera only showed the rear sights. I'll try other settings.
    Also recieved my grips for both my HiPoints today. The medium fits perfect on the 9mm, and the large perfectly on the 45. Waaay improved grip feel now. it always felt as though there was oil on the grips. Wow, what a day! Going small game hunting tomorrow, but maybe sunday for pistol shooting.

13. Newskate9

ARGH!!!! I want mine!!!

14. Nitesiter

Nitesiter Guest

You get yours skate?

Dave Presley
    Nitesiters

15. Newskate9

Hi there - yes, got mine on Friday, installed on my M&P and XD on Saturday.

Easy to install for sure and once exposed to light really glow great. I had painted my P-11 sites with glow paint and when compared side by side, there is no comparison.

It takes them too long to charge via normal light I found out, so the UV light is the way to go. I'll have to order one and work it into my home defense procedures I practice.

16. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

were are the pics skate?????? :idea: :roll:

17. Nitesiter

Nitesiter Guest

They will take a charge with normal ambient light, but you're right a focused light works best. Either on top of a lightbulb or from a regular flashlight even. the UV lights work great though i do have to say.

Glad you love em man.. Have fun and good shooting!

Dave Presley
    Nitesiters

18. perldog007

perldog007 Guest

OK, I am stupid. got the light and nitesiters today. Much respect for the quick service.

Am guessing the light takes AA battery? is there an on/off switch? These are the kind of questions that will keep a 'tard like me awake nights lacking documentation......

Anywho - dig it for the price but there should be a sticky note or something on the flashlight. Some of us really are that dumb. Word.

19. Newskate9

Hey!!!! that's MY line!!!! OOOOOPS! Pics coming shortly.... :oops: :oops:

20. perldog007

perldog007 Guest

Well I figured out the technical wizardry needed to operate the light without instructions :D

It does take an AA battery and has a twist on/off switch at the butt end of the lamp.

I left the UV light shining on the sights (put two dots on my C9 - one on the front sight and one on the rear, centered on the bottom of the notch, I like it like that) for about an hour.

Went to bed and woke up two hours later, sights were visible. After 5 hours, no joy. Lights out.

Will try charging under flourescent tonight. Overall, a great value so far. The advice to keep your UV penlight on the nightstand is sound. I would like to be able to charge the dots and have them remain visible all night lone, but realize this may not be in the cards.

When charged they do have that nice green glow I have seen in much more expensive tritium sights.

Time will tell how well they hold up - so far favorably impressed and would recommend to others.