Normal Cleaning

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by thecheat, Oct 15, 2007.

1. thecheat

thecheat Guest

Hey guys, just thought I would ask what the basic maintenance cleaning of a C-9 is? I'm not worried about taking it apart just yet, it will be awhile before I can get that many rounds through it anyway.

This will be my first gun to clean so the more detail the better, thanks in advance for your help!

2. Mumbles

Mumbles Guest

3. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

You don't need to clean them really if you do just wipe out the barrel ect. Only tear it down every 5,000 rounds or so

4. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

The instructions posted are great if/when you do take it down..... in the meantime, focus on the barrel, feed ramp and anything you can reach w/o taking it apart,;]You don't need to clean them really if you do just wipe out the barrel ect. Only tear it down every 5,000 rounds or so[/quote]

The instructions posted are great if/when you do take it down..... in the meantime, focus on the barrel, feed ramp and anything you can reach w/o taking it apart, lube and go.

5. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Yup run a patch thru the barrel. Wipe it down a little, lube and go shoot some more

6. SamW

SamW Well-Known Member

Md
    I clean my barrel out with Hoppe's #9 and a brush after every outing. I agree with not taking it completely apart very often. No need to.

7. sdacbob

sdacbob Member

I sprayed carburetor cleaner all over the bolt and chamber area then ran a patch thru the barrel. I oiled it all down after.

8. jeremiah0678

jeremiah0678 Guest

I cleaned my bore with a brush, and then ran a patch with Remoil. Cleaned the chamber with a wire brush and ran an oil soaked patch through it to clean out the remaining grit. The did some light polishing to the feed ramp

9. With the action locked back, you have to be careful using a brush from the barrel end.

If you push the brush too hard you can hit the firing pin, which will be sticking out when the breech is locked in the back position and bend it. This will cause problems either immediately or in the long run.

I now leave the pistol as is and run a brush through it, and then open and lock it back and clean the breech area with qtips or whatever else I have on hand.

This is just my personal preference.