NRA ZEM Hearing Protection?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Maverick, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Has anyone ever used these?

"This remarkable technology filters out harmful, high-decibel noises, but still allows low-frequency sounds, such as talking to be heard easily"

Sounds too good to be true for only $24.95... But for that price... I'm tempted to try them.

[​IMG]
    http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product.aspx?productid=SS 302

2. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

In mY CCW class one of the other students was praising them, WHen the instrctor passed out the NRA advertisment. We did not have any in the class but he seemed to llike them.

If he was talking out his rear I do not know as I do not know him. 25$ is abit steep for me in the ear plug department though.

Good luck.

3. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Well-Known Member

Let us know how they work if you buy them.

4. Gramps

Gramps Guest

I have been using these for most of the summer. They work very well and are much cooler than my electronics. When placed per the included instructions they do mute gunshots very well but human voices are not heard well. A little experementing with seating and I have found them to be completely satisfactory. Range commands are heard but gunshots are very well dampened.

They do not allow conversation to be heard as well as electronics but the light weight and comfort are a payback. Besides, mosy of that talk I don`t want to hear anyway. They will not however drown out Mrs. Gramps. :lol: