Nuclear Facility Security Pay

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by GunsRFun, Oct 16, 2007.

1. GunsRFun

GunsRFun Guest

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows what Nuke Security Guards are paid. We have two in the local area and I can't find any information. I'm looking at a career change and may look into it?????

Cheers

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

My brother was a FireFighter at a Nuke Facility in Huntsville Alabama for about 5 years, he started that job at $25 an hour and when he quit he was upwards of $35 - $40 an hour. It's an inheirantly dangerous position, and security clearances are harder to come by in the civilian sector. You should be well paid if you land the job.

3. billybybose

billybybose Guest

Not only is the pay good but training is top notch according to some articles Ive read.Go for it.

4. Stryker1

Stryker1 Well-Known Member

I have heard the same thing on that. I heard they get top notch training from a guy I trained. He said he had been to alot of anti terrorism schools and vehicle security schools.

Not to mention HAZMAT;]Not only is the pay good but training is top notch according to some articles Ive read.Go for it.[/quote]

I have heard the same thing on that. I heard they get top notch training from a guy I trained. He said he had been to alot of anti terrorism schools and vehicle security schools.

Not to mention HAZMAT type schools

5. jason865

jason865 Guest

It depends on the facility. We have three facilities within about 15 miles of where I live. The general security is done by Wackenhut (sp?) and I dont think those guys make very good money at all considering the risk (ie. terrorist, espionage, and radioactive contamination) However, the goverment has thier own "security people" and from what I understand they make VERY nice money. However it is hard to get anyone that works at the plants here to talk about thier job in any serious manner, as they are legally obligated not to tell ANYTHING that goes on inside the plant or anything to do with thier job. Now, the facilities around here were designed to enrich uranium for weapons, a nuclear power plant may be a bit different.

6. GunsRFun

GunsRFun Guest

Thanks for the replies.....I'm still trying to figure out how to apply as the plants are run by two different utility companies as far as I can tell? I'll let you guys know what I find out

Cheers

7. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

I have trained with a few security personal from different plants and some were very sharp kids, from what I remember the pay was not that great.

8. billybybose

billybybose Guest

Wakenhut is an international govt. contracter ala blackwater but maybe a notch or two below.Around here one of their contracts is to drive busloads of illegals back to the border.When they pass us on the road I usually wave and say see ya next week :lol: