Only One Knife

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by KY Ratshooter, Nov 13, 2007.

1. We did only one rifle, lets do the same with the knife.

Same senerio, you can only have one knife to serve all your survival needs, from shelter building to trimming your toenails.

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I guess I'd go with my trusty 4" Buck Diamondback in the Kydex sheath. Nice sharp little knife that will do just about what i need done.

3. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

My Buck #119 sheath knife is what I would grab if I could only take one knife. It's kinda large, but not a jumbo knife, and has worked well enough as my one knife in the field on many trips so I would not miss the smaller knives at all.

You can use a large knife to do a small knife's job, but you can not use a small knife to do a big knife's job.

rimfirehunter

4. SharpsShtr

SharpsShtr Member

I'd take the old standby, the military Ka-Bar fighting knife. It's tough and have proved by millions of servicemen over the years.

Matt

5. IndianasFinest

IndianasFinest Well-Known Member

I really wish I had more then one of these fine blades.... This is an absolutely awsome knife. Manufactured for the USAF... Quality all around !!

[​IMG]

6. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

7. Fenix

Fenix Guest

Ok, what is that and where can I get one? :twisted:

Edit: Nevermind, found it and now I can't wait to buy it hehehe....

8. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

That Gerber is a nice looking knife... what's the cost?

I totally forgot about another knife, even though I no longer have one thanks to someone using their Five Finger Discount some years back, and that would be the Air Force Pilots Survival Knife. I used mine for all sorts of field excursions, hiking, camping, hunting etc etc and it was a bit handier than my Buck. The carbon steel blade needed constant attention though, or it would rust under harsh conditions, but it was a great knife for all around use.

rimfirehunter

9. IndianasFinest

IndianasFinest Well-Known Member

Price varies on it from what I paid @ $65.00 shipped to $115 if your not careful where you buy from. It really is a great knife though, and to be honest I think I would pay the $115 for it if I had to. I have used it for everything from field dressin deer to driving in tent spikes, Hasn't let me down yet and holds a edge like you wouldn't believe !

10. I ahve been thinking of geting one of those, where is the best place to get one?

11. Ari

Ari Guest

It would be a Emerson for me. Benchmade Emerson or just an Emerson...

[​IMG]

12. billybybose

billybybose Guest

One of my bobs has 7 knives from a couple swiss armys up to a bowie.If I had to pick just one I'd go with a ka-bar.

13. SharpsShtr

SharpsShtr Member

14. They bayonet that came with my Romak 3.. Built in wire cutter and everything

15. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

16. elguapo

elguapo Guest

One knife...I have a new Kabar..but dang, thats soo nice....it stays in the box. AF "old school" survival knife, yeah...
    But what I have is a gerber folder that I always carry...

17. Whittey

Whittey Guest

Leatherman. Outside of that, i'd take my trusty Spyderco. You don't need a 2lb chunk of steel and the small size/weight would be nice.

-=Whittey=-

18. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I was always partial to a big blade my self. Always lept a machete in back of my seat of my truck years ago I have a 12" survival knife I bought in 1985 that is neavy but sharp and have used it for camping and even doing construction once when I needed one